• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Another day in paradise. The final picture.

Re: My new scape.

foxfish said:
Thanks for the info & I can just imagine how much gas you must be using!
So you are simply jetting the C02 enriched water back into the tank just under the surface & pointing down the length of the tank?
You can see the whole picture of the tank. On the back right corner is the entry pipe from the CO2 filter. It points along side the water surface, just a bit lower.
It works really well. No CO2 tubing, no diffusers to clean, no bubbles to disturb the visibility in the tank. It is just perfect for me this way.

Thanks again, I am soon to install a brand new tank but I have been experimenting with different flow rates & bubble counts in my existing tank.
I use a needle wheel pump that produces the same sort of mist that an in line atomiser does, this makes following the flow pretty easy!
Anyhow I have found that a full length spray bar offers the best overall distribution but obviously looks just about the worst!
I have tried placing a straight return near the bottom, the middle, the top & at various angles too.
The micro bubbles give a good indication however they might not give a true indication due to the bubbles desire to head for the surface!
I will be using a reactor in the new tank & trying a mid water return pointing ever so slightly down.

foxfish said:
Thanks again, I am soon to install a brand new tank but I have been experimenting with different flow rates & bubble counts in my existing tank.
I use a needle wheel pump that produces the same sort of mist that an in line atomiser does, this makes following the flow pretty easy!
Anyhow I have found that a full length spray bar offers the best overall distribution but obviously looks just about the worst!
I have tried placing a straight return near the bottom, the middle, the top & at various angles too.
The micro bubbles give a good indication however they might not give a true indication due to the bubbles desire to head for the surface!
I will be using a reactor in the new tank & trying a mid water return pointing ever so slightly down.
The problem that I found with anything that makes any kind of CO2 bubbles in the tank water is that those bubbles are throwing off the readings from the CO2 checker. This does not happen with the CO2 reactor. No bubbles are entering the water and the checkers work as accurate as they can. If you install reactor you will see the difference.
Reactors however enrich the water at slower rate compared to diffusers or atomisers. You will have to turn the CO2 earlier as I do.

Day 75 from the start.
Day75.jpg

Re: My new scape. Hardscape complete.

I got a bit unhappy about the rocks, because they got covered too much and do not seem to look as good anymore. So I have changed them. Here they are.
Day78.jpg

Hi,

you call that a trim? I'd call it bulldozing ;)

Great scape and very inspiring.

Cheers,

GM

gmartins said:
Hi,

you call that a trim? I'd call it bulldozing ;)

Great scape and very inspiring.

Cheers,

GM
It was actually. he, he...
Problem is I left it too long and got overgrown. This bulldozing was necessary.

Thanks a lot.

I think i sort of prefer the tank when it's been bulldozed :D As gmartins said, very inspiring and looks great!
Keep it up!

Callum said:
I think i sort of prefer the tank when it's been bulldozed :D As gmartins said, very inspiring and looks great!
Keep it up!
Interesting. I also like it more after the buldozer crushed it . :D Now I raised the light level probably twice. It should keep the Lilaeopsis lower this time. I think it was too high before the buldozing.

Still looking great :)

These moss covered sticks look a bit unnaturally, yet I like your tank :)
Nice greens and depth of the scape :thumbup:

Very surreal looking but I like it. It draws you in for some reason . . . .

Thank you guys.
The scape is still in process of development. There is more to be added to the surreal side of it.

mikeappleby said:
Looks great. What are you dosing?
Easy Life Profito - recommended dose (it is adjusted according to plant growth rates, but never more than double), Easy carbo - half recommended dose, NO3 1ppm per day, PO4 0.5 ppm per day. Potassium by K2CO3. In the beginning of the weekly cycle after water change I apply K2CO3 to reach concentration of K+ 20ppm.
CO2 is in the range 25 - 35 ppm.

Re: My new scape. Another day in paradise.

Finally decided to put the fish in. Well first I managed to sell 300 CRS and get out another 150 to safety.

The scape have to develope more. I am not ready yet, but it looks a lot better than it did at earlier stages.

I also came up with the name for my scape.
Another day in paradise.
Day131.jpg

Back