• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Another day in paradise. The final picture.

Re: My new scape. Another day in paradise.

mikeappleby said:
getting better and better. really original! (but getting rid of the green plastic would be the perfect touch!)
second that :thumbup: i love eheim stuff but their pipework is so intrusive because of that green. Someone asked the question, "does the green reduce the amount of algae in the pipes". I would be interested to know the answer. If it was a choice of that vs having to clean clear glass lily pipes though, I know what I would put up with.... hehe... start saving ;)

mikeappleby said:
getting better and better. really original! (but getting rid of the green plastic would be the perfect touch!)
I had set of Lily Pipes not once, but the damn things always get smashed sooner or later. They are much more pleasing indeed, but not to the bank account.
Also Lily Pipes never managed to really get rid of surface film. Eheim skimmer is unbeatable.

Antipofish said:
mikeappleby said:
second that :thumbup: i love eheim stuff but their pipework is so intrusive because of that green. Someone asked the question, "does the green reduce the amount of algae in the pipes". I would be interested to know the answer. If it was a choice of that vs having to clean clear glass lily pipes though, I know what I would put up with.... hehe... start saving ;)
I actually do not love Eheim stuff that much. I would prefer ADA filter instead. It is much, much easier to clean. But I guess I'll be dreaming for a while, perhaps forever...he, he.
Now about the fairy tale "does the green reduce the amount of algae in the pipes".
Definitely no. The only difference is that in the green pipes the algae and protein build up is less noticeable.
I still prefer the glass gear for the outlook, but also got fed up of them getting broken so often.

On the question of green pipes - I would concur with Aquadream. My older filter is an AllPondSolutions (read SunSun) that comes with green hoses like eheim, and it gunges up quite nicely thank you. Not sure that the gunge is algae, rather than some mulm-type deposit - perhaps someone with opaque hose (FX5 users?) can comment on what they find when they clean their hoses?
To be fair I haven't used clear hose, which I suppose might gunge up quicker but I can't imagine the difference would be that significant. Possibly clear hose is more prone to algae up near the surface of the tank where its under the lights.....

Calzone said:
On the question of green pipes ...... Possibly clear hose is more prone to algae up near the surface of the tank where its under the lights.....
Well that's exactly what I have seen. As a general rule the green plastic pipes do not get much algae when they are close to the light, the glass pipes do.
When it commes to the scum they all get it in fair amount.

Oh...but the glass is just so much more pleasant to look at, only if it did not brake so easy.

I still have my last 17mm Lily Pipe set. The lily was broken of course, but I cut it off and the set now looks just like normal filter pipes.

The one unacceptable thing I have noticed is that the glass pipes that are supposed to be 17mm are quite smaller in diameter compared to the Eheim pipes. That means the filter flow will be reduced by the glass pipes and that is also not good.

Re: Another day in paradise. Video update.

Absolutely stunning :)

Another day in paradise. Video update.

The condition of this tank is really incredinle :eek:

No algae in site & such healthy plants!

Aquadream said:
154 days after start.
For better quality choose 720p HD.
The movie is made with Canon EOS 600D and the aquarium light.

Excellent stuff mate. What lens did you use for this ?

Callum said:
Absolutely stunning :)
Thank you.
skeletonw00t said:
The condition of this tank is really incredinle :eek:

No algae in site & such healthy plants!
Well there is some tiny algae here and there, but is somewhat out of site. Cheers.
hotweldfire said:
Extraordinary

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
:)
Calzone said:
Seriously happy looking fish and plants. Love it. Such a change after the heavy trim!!
I am expecting some further change after introducing Limnophila Aquatica on the back of the tank. It is growing a bit slow, but will get there.
Plants were better for the first 3 months when I used ADA ferts. After that with Easy Life things are ok, but not as good.
easerthegeezer said:
amazing lush looking tank, i really like the scape but i dont know why... its very intriguing and makes me what to look more :)
clever and lovely work.
I also don't know why mate, I am just happy that you like it. :D
Antipofish said:
Aquadream said:
154 days after start.

I used the standard 18 - 55mm lens kit. It is the one and only that I have. :(

Aquadream said:
Antipofish said:
Aquadream said:
154 days after start.

I used the standard 18 - 55mm lens kit. It is the one and only that I have. :(

Don't be sad about that lens. It may be the standard kit lens, but it is highly rated. As a kit lens, it pulls a few nice punches mate. It sure got you some nice footage! I am SERIOUSLY looking at swapping to Canon.

Truly, truly outstanding.
Cleanliness and plant health second to none.
Great achievement.
Ady.

Re: Another day in paradise. Video update. Day 157.

This is what it looks now. Very close to the final shot.
Day157.jpg

Back