• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Any help gratefully appreciated

Pricey32

So im totally rescaping my tank in the new few weeks/months. its been going just over a year but as much as i love it the time has come to change things up as its gone abit stale.Its a fluval roma 200 litre which im planing to stock with around 20 Dwarf Neon Rainbowfish & Around 6-10 Corydora. my plan is to model things on the region itself to make it as accurate as possible.

So any useful website or inputs would be great

Im after low demanding plants
Background & foreground - Found around indonesia
Substrate ideas also

Im doing research myself also but like i say any iput would be a great help

Thanks as always - Pricey

Hi Pricey, many of the fish in Asia share similar water,conditions to South America as example and if not a true biotope Java Fern is good choice on wood. You really cant do better than the tutorial on "The Soil Substrate and Dirted Planted Tank "for substrate info.You may get more ideas(plants or decor) with a look at Biotope Contest entries in the events section were specific areas are detailed

Hi Pricey, many of the fish in Asia share similar water,conditions to South America as example and if not a true biotope Java Fern is good choice on wood. You really cant do better than the tutorial on "The Soil Substrate and Dirted Planted Tank "for substrate info.You may get more ideas(plants or decor) with a look at Biotope Contest entries in the events section were specific areas are detailed

thanks il take a gander through, may need some inspiration anyway... Thanks for the help

Swap the corydoras for gobies :)

Pseudogobiopsis tigrellus

Stiphodon sp gobies are also reported from Papua NG (though I couldn't find specific to the Mamberamo River system) & likely more available than above species

Several sources seem to suggest a sand substrate
Some plants - Vallisneria, Microsorum, Aponogeton, Ceratopteris, Bolbitis (heteroclita sp), Nymphaea,

Sounds like a great project

Swap the corydoras for gobies :)

Pseudogobiopsis tigrellus

Stiphodon sp gobies are also reported from Papua NG (though I couldn't find specific to the Mamberamo River system) & likely more available than above species

Several sources seem to suggest a sand substrate
Some plants - Vallisneria, Microsorum, Aponogeton, Ceratopteris, Bolbitis (heteroclita sp), Nymphaea,

Sounds like a great project
Brilliant thanks for the help alto, im planning to start either end of this month or feb. When i do il do a journal like lasg time to keep everyone up to date

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back