• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Aqua at pet shop - Season 2 - layout #6

Wow, very Nice Colors in this scape, plants and fishes are going very well together! :clap:

One word about the eheim 'lily pipe' design; that thing is looking ridiculous, please eheim guys, makes some clear tubing and an decent looking pipe!:shifty:
:grumpy:Its about time they got into the 21st Century!:grumpy:
hoggie

Think of it as Eco-Friendly ...
back in the Dawn of Eheim, a vey special Manufacturer of Extraordinary Products was Discovered

- & Eheim Greeen was Born

In their Excitement, ALL that SPecial Green became the Exclusive Product of Eheim ...

& so it REMAINs to this Day & Forever Forward

Tradition
Longevity
Posterity
Future

the GREEN of EHEIM

@alto I searched earlier and it seems they should be about 5 cm, but mine don't want to grow more than 4cm (approx). So I'd say they're medium sized corys :)

From this to this... or something like that.

Sorry, had no time for proper update and proper maintenance of the tank. Too much work, and want to get some summer. But I have some photos waiting to share.
Mid May I took some photo for contest, I published fragment earlier. After the session I decided to see how far this layout will go wild without trimming. So, from more or less good shape to the jungle:

May 15 - couple of days after trimming and right after photo session:

26988652721_049b158eff.jpg60x30x36 - 2 months by Alexander, on Flickr

May 22 - week later, usually I'd trim it but skipped that time:

26996283530_2a3dce3e32.jpglayout #6 - 1 week after trimming by Alexander, on Flickr

One more week later - May 29:

27577879681_729b3aec2b.jpglayout #6 - 2 weeks after trimming by Alexander, on Flickr

Yeah, totally uncontrolled. After that I've been forced to use scissors again. But had no time for proper trim, I just cut here and there every week. Waiting for some free time and inspiration.
Last weekend it looked like that (trimmed some pinatifida):

27040397854_6d6127f09d.jpg60x30x36 - 2.5 months by Alexander, on Flickr

Yesterday I've got a request to set-up the tank for customer who said he liked this tank. I'm quite pleased, but I don't expect too much. He does not have the tank yet, and pretty new to the hobby. We still need to educate people about important things and what should be done to get successful planted tank.

IAPLC 2016 - 1033 place. Better than 2 previous years, but I've hoped to break 1000 bar this time.

What would one need to come up with with over 2300 entries competing? I realy wonder how that all is judged.. I have no idea, most be something mindboggling for the judges, wouldn't be surpriced if it's some kind of a lotery concept in the end. I try to imagine, saying something about over 2300 works? I once went to Madrid and visited 3 art museums in 3 days, when i was done i was happy i could just sit in a park looking at green grass only. Not even remebering what i all did see, but a few.. And next to that, looking at art is also something of a personal emotional state you're in at the time youy watch it. I think if you let them judge the same batch 4 weeks later again they come up with totaly different results.. :)

Anyway this is one hell of a beautiful setup, very pleasing to the eye and very relaxing, the way the colors flow into eachother is supurbly done.
With so many entries, scaled down to 1 in 10 you still got a top 5 scape and it certainly looks like that. :thumbup:

What would one need to come up with with over 2300 entries competing? I realy wonder how that all is judged.. I have no idea, most be something mindboggling for the judges, wouldn't be surpriced if it's some kind of a lotery concept in the end. I try to imagine, saying something about over 2300 works?

As far as I know all entries are pre-screening by some ADA staff, they rank them into 2 groups: top-100 and all others. Others took numbers based on this pre-screening process. I suppose this is quite hard work, and these numbers are just ballpark figures. So people used to say: I'm in top-500, or in top-300. There is fine works category for top-200 IIRC. I have IAPLC catalogue from 2014 (my first entry) and I suppose they could be ranked based on how good they look in very tiny format printed on paper - the size if just about matches sticks box. As you can imagine - all works looks quite good or quite bad - depending on your mood - in such small size.

Top-100 works are sent to international judges who score each work accoriding to 6 given criteria. They spend several weeks to do their job.

So, here is top-100 - and all others.

I'm always trying to repeat this to myself: numbers are just numbers. I know my tank is good, not the best of the best, and I'm OK with it. Our hobby is not only for aquascaping competions.

Last edited:
One more shot from IAPLC session. I like it more than contest photo I show you above. There are much more fish visible, you can see my orange corys. But unfortunately I decided not to send this one 'cause this flammeus tetra swim quite chaotic. I thought it might affect ranking. Maybe I was wrong, who knows.

28569386020_742a2e3cc5_z.jpg60x30x36 - 2 months by Alexander, on Flickr

Back