Aquascaper 900 - Comeback Lockdown Tank :)

Andrew Butler

Looking good Paulo.

@sammy71 I'm selling a 900S at the moment I've had adapted, so I can have either the original metal legs on or use it in an adjustable form, so it could be hung from the ceiling or similar. In my opinion the suspended version of the Twinstar lights are not great as with only on wire on the light it is very unstable and a job to get it sitting pointing exactly downwards, I recall visiting a well known Aquascaping shop who had them with a pen lid balancing one light!

The advantage of being able to adjust the height I think is great and also saves having something else on the rim of the aquarium.

jaxx365

Hi,
I've been following this post for a while now in which its stunning! and am now setting up my own900 aquascaper tank in which I've been preparing for for many months. Just a quickie on your stocking. How are you finding the amount of livestock you have for this tank? Do you have any so called clean up crew other than the SAE and how has the SAE done in this tank on its own?.

Looking to stock around 12 Harlequins, similar number of Black neon Tetra's or cardinals and then move over more 6 corys and female betta from an existing tank and looking for some sort of clean up whether that be otto's or a bristlenose or SAE.
Thanks for any advise!

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Many thanks Jax, apologies for the delay, read it on the phone then forgot to come back to reply!

How are you finding the amount of livestock you have for this tank?
I have 21 barbs, mixture of Checkered, Odessa and Cherry. Think there is room for more but i am leaving it as is for now and see how big they get in the next 6 months before looking at stocking again.
Do you have any so called clean up crew other than the SAE and how has the SAE done in this tank on its own?.
I have 1 SAE, it is very active on plant leaves, not actually sure how effective it is, they tend to get big, and I am glad I only brought one! I also added 4 Ottos, unfortunately one died (only death so far, apart from the couple of jumpers) in the first few days but the other 3 have been fine and also very active. I also have some Amano shrimp, from reading around the forum I think I might have added them too early as I had some jumpers too, some say best to add them once the tank is mature, I am down to about 6-7 from the original 15, so one to remember next time, haven't had any jumpers shrimp/fish in a long time.
Looking to stock around 12 Harlequins, similar number of Black neon Tetra's or cardinals and then move over more 6 corys and female betta from an existing tank and looking for some sort of clean up whether that be otto's or a bristlenose or SAE.
Stocking levels seems sensible do not see any issues with that. Heavy planted tanks the bristlenose might uproot stuff, but depends on what you intend to keep ;) good luck and look forward to that journal.

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
This is a really nice looking tank. I've just ordered my 900mm and nice to see what can be done.
Many thanks and good luck :) don't forget that journal :)