Aquascaper 900 - Comeback Lockdown Tank :)

Sammy Islam

Many thanks :)

First time at 5 weeks, not every 3-4 weeks.

Trimmed it pretty low and just replanted the trimmings in the middle of the exiting stems, making it fuller.
Although stems don't like me, they are OK but not as lush as I would like them, I think there is a lack of flow at the back of the tank, I have tried adjusting the filter flow around the tank, but might need some help at the back getting some flow between the stems. Time will tell.

This is my current formula, I have increased doses from 50ml per day to 60ml, might increase it to 70ml soon as the plant mass grows.
View attachment 153856

My major issue has been CO2, that as always been an issue for me, I think I am almost there now, been very slowing increasing it every 3-4 days to make sure the fish are OK. It's taking its time but at least I won't gas the fish!

Ask as many as you want, that's why I do the journals :) learn and share ups and downs! ;)
Is that po4 figure correct? If so i've been massively under dosing. Always assumed 3-5ppm po4 was good unless im interpreting it wrong.....:confused:

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Is that po4 figure correct? If so i've been massively under dosing. Always assumed 3-5ppm po4 was good unless im interpreting it wrong.....:confused:
Well spotted, actually it should read 8 grams which will give you 4.27ppm! looks like I place 25g on two cells rather than just on the KNO3 :/ I will correct it not to confuse! cheers

SRP3006

Well spotted, actually it should read 8 grams which will give you 4.27ppm! looks like I place 25g on two cells rather than just on the KNO3 :/ I will correct it not to confuse! cheers
I better change my ferts too, just changed over using your formula. Any disadvantages to overdosing?

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
@Sammy Islam @SRP3006 that got my puzzled and I had a look at my notes that I make for each change in the fertilizer quantities, and there is a reason for the increase after all, I increase Phosphates as my stems were not doing that great and also had some green spot algae on my anubias which both could be a lack of Phosphate, and since increasing Phosphates doesn't do any harm to the plants I went for it, and I am on week 3 of my new batch of ferts and those two issues have improved considerably.

SRP3006

@Sammy Islam @SRP3006 that got my puzzled and I had a look at my notes that I make for each change in the fertilizer quantities, and there is a reason for the increase after all, I increase Phosphates as my stems were not doing that great and also had some green spot algae on my anubias which both could be a lack of Phosphate, and since increasing Phosphates doesn't do any harm to the plants I went for it, and I am on week 3 of my new batch of ferts and those two issues have improved considerably.
Thanks for clearing that up
I'm still very much learning about ferts and the signs of deficiencies and so on. Looking forward to getting a download of the fert calculator when it's available so I can play about with different options.

Sammy Islam

[/QUOTE]
Fair enough i may have to up my po4 a bit and see if it helps. Was shocked and confused when i saw your po4 numbers considering we are use to numbers like 3-5ppm.;)

LondonDragon

Administrator
Staff member
Wow. Stunning colours. The layout reminds me of your old Australian Rainbow aquascape.
Many thanks Gerard, I did consider the rainbows again (neon dwarf blue)! but went with something different, should have stuck to my original choice lol the barbs are a nightmare, uproot all my stems!

This poster is an imposter. I don't see any red cherry shrimp. What have you done with the real LD?
I have a tank just for them, still have the colony that you saw in my study nano going :oops: that was a very long time ago!!