• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Attaching an Aqua Medic 1000 to external filter

What filter are you using?
Most fluval filter except the fx5 can be used with standard eheim hose
The hose tails on the am1000 will take 16/12 or 22/16 mm eheim hose
Matt

Its a fluval 405, the AM1000 has different barbs compared to images I've seen, mine seems much smaller with double barbs?

photo1j.jpg

photo2ki.jpg

Purchased from here: http://www.aquariumsuperstore.co.uk/Aqu ... 71113.html

No the hose tails are correct
You leave them longer for the smaller pipe or cut them half way for the thicker pipe
So long for the 16/12
Shorter for the 22/16
Matt

That hose is too big you might be better getting some eheim 22/16 hose
Just pop it in some hot water to get it on your fluval
Matt

Ordered some 16/22 Eheim from ebay, thanks Matt!
I'm a bit worried about losing the 2 year AM warranty if I cut the barbs, will it have much of an impact if I leave them?

madlan said:
will it have much of an impact if I leave them?
Should not loose the warranty because of that, they are designed like that to accommodate both types of filter hose, so if you have 16/22mm they will expect you to cut it, if you don't you will get a reduced through put.

I've not seen a single image of one that has the dual barbs, I assume it's a new thing?
I'm guessing a small saw will get through it cleanly!

madlan said:
I've not seen a single image of one that has the dual barbs, I assume it's a new thing?
I'm guessing a small saw will get through it cleanly!
Think its been like in the last 18 months that they started shipping with dual barbs, purchased one last April from TGM and that also came with dual barbs which I cut.

I take it it fits both am1000 and fluval filter?
Matt

The metal trim was dented during delivery - I didn't notice until 5 weeks after it was delivered (when setting it up) retailer said it would be fine to use, just cosmetic damage but half way full and crack! Apparently it's not covered so I'm very gutted!

Retailer should replace it as they told you it would be ok!
Was it an online retailer or lfs?
I would definitely be writing or e-mailing the supplier for either a replacement or compensation
Matt

And who told you it's not covered!
As the damage was not your fault it definitely should be covered
Matt

Well, originally the tank was delivered unannounced - Gave it a good inspection inside for damage when I got home, all ok. 4\5 weeks later I set it up (I didn't remove the cardboard box until I was ready to move the aquarium on top of the stand). Noticed the trim\base of the tank in one corner had been damaged. Emailed Seapets to make sure it was OK to use it, wasn’t really worried about the cosmetic side as its covered by a vertical pole. Anyway, started a test fill at the weekend when they said it's fine – crack! They said they couldn’t replace it as the courier would not accept a claim after 5 weeks.

I’ve spent months saving for it, collecting all the equipment and reading up on here, been a dream for some time to have a planted setup half as good as some of the ones on here… I guess I'll have to stick with the nano!

Back