• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Boulder Dash - Mini S

Good morning UKAPS,

have a small update today, nothing special.
HCC is growing in nicely, but the Riccia "Dwarf" takes some time, can't see any new growth here.

I replaced the IKEA light and my mini filter is finished ;)

17603768686_b07c015b72_c.jpg

17630060455_b1504c4db2_c.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Yes Alexander, it's actually just a flow pump (circulator 500) :lol:
But it looked sooooo ugly, like the Eheim Skim, that I slightly modified the usage and attached an in- and outlfow

HCC is growing in nicely, but the Riccia "Dwarf" takes some time, can't see any new growth here.
Patience you must have my young padawan.

It's just the fourth day, Chris. If I see right, the Riccia is tied to stones? With other mosses takes relative long time to see any growth at all. How long are you planing to do the dry start? I think for you is important that the HCC grows steady roots and after that you can fill it with water.

Call me Mr. Impatient, Daniel :D

Couldn't resist the dark side of the force :lol:
Only thing I have to do tomorrow, is to exchange the CO2 Diffusor with a hang on mini model.

Alex: I tried the Vuppa, but it's still too big for this little Mini S in my opinion. I like the clean look so far.

Here we go: Day 1

17448921439_bc5fb96eaf_z.jpg

17014668423_9cb331cbd8_z.jpg

17632671222_8a49585b5a_z.jpg

17608807686_044d0ab271_z.jpg

The Aquael Circulator 500 seems to do the trick very well!
I reduced to flow to the lowest setting possible.

17447611910_4954bd3f29_z.jpg

17014820353_b3ffd1ae97_z.jpg

I definitely like the look :)

Cheers,
Chris

It's not heated Sk3lly...

I have 22° water temperature at the moment, because of the room temperature.
When it's getting cold, later this year, I'll think about a heater ;)

It is a master stroke of hardware customisation and miniaturisation. Amano (and the rest of Japan) would be proud.

The only thing I think detracts from it all is the CO2 tubing. Sort that out somehow and it will be as close to perfect as it is possible to get (without drilling holes through the bottom/sides of the tank for filter inlet/outlet).

It is a master stroke of hardware customisation and miniaturisation. Amano (and the rest of Japan) would be proud.

The only thing I think detracts from it all is the CO2 tubing. Sort that out somehow and it will be as close to perfect as it is possible to get (without drilling holes through the bottom/sides of the tank for filter inlet/outlet).

Just for you luckyjim:

17069219314_d88bf07a6f_c.jpg

A minor hardware upgrade! And I must say... this thing is amazing! The best diffuser I had so far with ultra tiny micro bubbles... A lot of them! And that's with bio CO2!

17069168524_1621dafd52_c.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Last edited:
Sure Alexander,

it's an ADA Pollen Glass Mini (Article Code 102-1012) without suction cups, just a hang on diffuser.

Filter In- and Outflow are coming from Aqua Rebel, awesome quality for a reasonable price!

Last edited:
Awesome, this is such a great set up.

Personally would prefer it without the branding, but that's nitpicking

Back