• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Boulder Dash - Mini S

Thanks Andy,

it is working quite well at the moment. No cloudy water and everything is growing very fast!
But you have to consider, that you will move ALL biological filtration to the inside of the tank and of course NO mechanical filtration will be there.
Keep that in mind if you want to add shrimps ;)

But it looks nice and sleek :)

17708323266_6daaa35c6e_c.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Very steep aquasoil slope at the back there, surprised it isn't slipping down?

I have to be very careful during water changes, but apart from that.. .it's working well :)
Will be no problem in one week anymore when the HCCs root system has established.

Plus: It helped to use the regular sized Aqua Soil below the "powder version".
Powder was only used at the front (to make those huge sized soil orbs invisible) and on top of everything.

How are you finding the Flexi Mini? Smart looking lights but not cheap for size... Are they dimmable? as was considering for my low tech shrimp tanks but think will be too much without dimming.

Great use of space though, very smart and well put together tank. :clap:

Hi Iain,

the Flex Mini is awesome! I really like the color rendition and light output! Much better than any Aquasky available, but NOT dimmable.

Hi UKAPS,

sorry for the, sort of latish, update!
The cycling of this tank was a nightmare, don't ask me why! But finally things are running smooth, the diatoms are retreating and the first "cleaning crew" has arrived! :)

I also tinkered around with my camera settings (white balance) to reflect the colours of the scape better.

Here are some updates of day 11:

17895015738_2aaae6b9c6_c.jpg

17460389074_4780ec0474_c.jpg

17895372610_a42e02093f_c.jpg

18083044155_6ea8c0ba96_c.jpg

Manten under water is simply beautiful! Can't get enough of these stones:

18056618606_4c963fc0e5_c.jpg

Riccia dwarf is finally going off like crazy and mixing with the HCC! :D You can still see some Diatoms on the stones.

18084098811_603e0e0c75_c.jpg

Cheers,
Chris

Rubbish!! Wheres the full tank shot!!!! Im sure it looks great Chris, just like your other work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha Sk3lly :lol: Thanks...

Well, actually, I think I'll wait a little bit until I post the next FTS ;)
I had a nice, perhaps "too different" idea or approach for the upcoming EAPLC and I want to give it a try first...

;)

Sorry guys... had not much time recently and I guess I owe you an update!

Riccia Dwarf completely melted away because of the high ammonia spike and the tank looked like a mess.
But finally everything is fine now, I can even spot some remaining Riccia here and there...
I printed a photo background, but have to change the background light, it's way to blue.

19824145445_1775be4bd0_c.jpg

Most likely I'll re-print the back a little bit darker and only add a light source to the moon (plain white without a blue hue).

Cheers,
Chris

I guess you need to print exactly 1/4 of the moon circle, and with reflections on the glass and water surface - you'll get the full circle. What do you think?

Back