• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 and airstone

Soilwork

Hi All,

Didn’t someone here start a thread about injecting co2 whilst aerating showing a graph that capped out at a certain part of the photo period indicating that you can run an airstone for gas exchange still with elevated levels of co2?

Thanks
CJ

Hi All,

Didn’t someone here start a thread about injecting co2 whilst aerating showing a graph that capped out at a certain part of the photo period indicating that you can run an airstone for gas exchange still with elevated levels of co2?

Thanks
CJ

I can’t find it. Does anyone know which one I’m talking about?

2hr aquarist has an article on it. With this graph
optimal_orig_large.jpg

Aeration was the key cheers.
Keep in mind that an airstone is just one way to add aeration / offgassing. Its the offgassing, no matter how it is implemented, that allows you to have a super steady PH profile. So if its a pump rippling the water surface, an airstone, a skimmer, a wet dry filter, they are just different ways to add the same thing. So one doesnt have to use an airstone specifically. Youre just looking to agitate the intersection between water and air.

Keep in mind that an airstone is just one way to add aeration / offgassing. Its the offgassing, no matter how it is implemented, that allows you to have a super steady PH profile. So if its a pump rippling the water surface, an airstone, a skimmer, a wet dry filter, they are just different ways to add the same thing. So one doesnt have to use an airstone specifically. Youre just looking to agitate the intersection between water and air.
Absolutely, I was just searching with the incorrect keyword

Thanks

Back