• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 diffusion in a large tank

Hi there,

Just a few questions:

How long each day they are on?
Whats the tank temperature?

Thanks
The normal temperature is 24 ºC but sometimes in summer it reaches 29 °C. I keep my CO2 flowing during 24 h a day.

Someone know how long the filter media can be exposed at air until the bacterias begin to die?

In wet media, exposed to air, i would say easily 48 hrs. Some may die but enough should be left to restart growth fast.
Thank you so much! I was afraid because when I change my warer, I leave the filter media exposed to air for about 2 hours. Now I know that is safe ;)

Guys, There is one thing that are worrying me. I'm using a large amount of chelated calcium in my tank to increase the alkalinity and water hardness. So, I'm afraid that those amino acids (glycine) from chelated calcium are decaying or precipitating on the gravel causing an increase in ammonia level. So, what do you think about?

Last edited:
Can I get rid brown algae without removing them? I can't take off all them because they are growning in whole tank and on the plants. If I keep doing 50 % water chances twice a week theses algae will disappear by themselves?

Back