• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

CO2 frustrations

Lesgrandepotato

Seedling
I’ve been re-setting up my tank. I had a JBL regulator, this on my tank bleeds pressure through the black needle valve. I’ve stripped and rebuilt it even adding a spacer to see if I can hold a higher pressure.
This doesn’t work.

So I’ve replaced the regulator with a dual one from eBay. This won’t seal to the cyclinder even with a little PTFE and a then a new seal.

Still we have no CO2... what should I do next?!?

I don't think you should be using PTFE on the cylinder. The plastic gasket between cylinder and reg should make the seal, and the PTFE might affect how well they make contact.
Cheers guys, I should have said I’ve tried without PTFE and with.
Is there a recommended budget regulator that people use? Or do I have to shell £150 out on another JBL?

I'd go for one from co2 art or co2 supermarket.
Still no guarantees though.
I found the supplied needle valve to be a weak link.

Thanks @ian_m those are the washers I've bought. I'll try again with the other one and see if there is anything that needs de-burring. If not I'll order from CO2 super market.

Right had a play. It’s leaking from the screw on section. Tried to swap it out for the same bit from the JBL one. Hasn’t worked I’ve ruined a fitting. Must have been loctited in.

That CO2 supermarket one is the one to go for? Single or dual stage for a low tech tank?

I've had a CO2 Art Pro SE regulator for about 2 months now and am very happy with it.

Fitted this morning, I’ve been away all week. The quality is noticeably higher than that of the JBL that failed and much better than the Chinese ebay one that just wouldn’t seal.

Hopefully we can get this dialled in and get the plants going well!

Back