• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 issue?

Nick potts

I have just set up a new co2 system.

It's pretty basic and goes sodastream>reg>check valve>needle valve and bubble counter>diffuser.

The tank pressure is around 900psi and output set at 5 bar.

The setup doesn't have a solenoid but I turn it on/off via the SodaStream adapter, leaving the needle valve and regulator valves alone, it was working fine when I set it up yesterday at 2bps, turned it off last night and when I come to turn it on this afternoon is am unable to get any more than about 1bps no matter how much I open the needle valve.

I have check pressure, taken it all apart and tested all individual bits are working etc.

Anyone else experience anything similar and can throw some suggestions my way.

Cheers

What happens if you drop the pressure, 5 bar /75psi sounds quite high. I dont run co2, but just an observation, might be a silly one!
Thanks noodles, no different if I drop the pressure. I have taken everything apart again but I am unable to locate the issue.

I get an initial high bubble rate when I set the pressure which quickly drops back down to under 1bps :(

What happens if you remove the needle valve and run on a really low pressure, to rule out needle valve? Is that possible? Maybe disconnect from tank, just run through bubble counter. Might be too fast to gauge anything or see if constant. Could pinch tube to restrict flow, in absence of needle valve.

I'll let you know, i have a diffuser with a bubble counter and can adjust it directly at the regulator.

hmm, no luck, connected it up directly to the diffuser and still only a few bubbles per second. I'll try and get a video.

I have a new diffuser coming tomorrow (thank god for prime :) ) and I will see if that helps any.

Do you have a non return valve in the line? If so, could that be the problem? ( possibly wrong way round)

Back