• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Co2 tubing

Lindy

Hi, I've been having problems with my new co2supermarket sodastream set up. They thought I must have a leak in my tubing as working pressure was too low to use my UP atomiser and I'd taken off all bubble counters/check valves etc so I bought some of their own tubing. It arrived today and to me looks like normal air line tubing and is really soft. I also can't test it on the UP atomiser as that broke when I put it back on the tubing for the tenth time in a week. The tubing I had been using is stamped 'polyurethane ISO 9001 approved' and is quite hard. Won't I lose co2 through this soft tubing? I'm really thinking I'm going to have to send this set up back, they have offered me a refund...

I don't think you will loose gas through the tubing. If it was CO2 tubing supplied by CO2 supermarket, then is will be fine.

If I remember correctly, non-silcone based airline tubing hardens as it absorbs CO2 and silicone airline tubing just absorbs CO2, possibly letting some through but mainly changes shape, thus silcone seals can leak with CO2.

Someone put 25 metres of air line silicone tubing in a tank, pressurised with CO2, to try and act as a cheap "diffuser" but after 24hours no drop in pressure. So a fail as CO2 diffuser.

Just bought the UP A-165 regulator and a bunch of other stuff. Can't wait for it to arrive...

Back