• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

COVID19 and terrible decision making

Absolutely worth a watch... Thanks!? :) Following the numbers of population density Sweden - 64 people/mi², there is an obvious why this policy fails in other countries e.g. UK - 671 people/mi²

The Netherlands - 1,316 people/mi², we tried but within a week teenagers organized Yuck Corona Parties and police had to raid it. People gathered in parks and stated in an interview "What's the problem!? The politicians said we need mass immunity, we are helping with this. Aren't we? The media was flooded with this, a week later Lockdown by force.

A guess, the more density the more idiots and the less abiding citizens too, especially in Multi Culti Societies already clashing for decades are vulnerable with loads of citizens agreeing to disagree not only each other but above all the government's decisions/recommendations.

The “free” countries are the problem, because freedom relies on social responsibility to do what’s right and best for all. And because a bulk of the population has their own agenda, government needs to step in. It’s only been a few months, and people are going insane. I can’t imagine what it’s like to lose my job and just see the bills rack up, just awful. However, I guarantee the ones protesting or running a muck are not in that situation, and are just annoyed they can’t go to the bar and get wasted or go get their hair done, irresponsible and selfish idiots. There is a price to pay for a free society, and we are feeling that effect full force with this pandemic.

Hi all,
Worth a watch IMO
And because a bulk of the population has their own agenda, government needs to step in
It was, but it is from the Cato Institute, which is funded by the Koch brothers, and they definitely have their <"own agenda">.
Following the numbers of population density Sweden - 64 people/mi², there is an obvious why this policy fails in other countries e.g. UK - 671 people/mi² ......The Netherlands - 1,316 people/mi²
That is the point for me. My sister lives in <"NW. Herefordshire"> and she says social isolation is her day to day life any way. I live in a more populated area, but even for me, living in leafy suburbia, it is a million miles away from living in a flat in London.

Actually the population density is even higher in the <"SE of the UK"> with over 18,000,000 people in London and the SE. The overall figure is lower because we have non-populated areas like N. Scotland and C. Wales, which reduces the overall population density.

cheers Darrel

Last edited:
It seems that some shops are now starting to reopen with new “social distancing” measures employed in store. B&Q are one of them but sadly not my local store as yet. I’m wondering if LFS will be able to follow suit at some point?

Think its a little odd also that the UK recovery rate hasn't been showing on world meter for a few weeks and @zozo Netherlands has also followed the same over last couple of days !

arithmetic, millions of people are or have been infected, without ever been tested/diagnosed nor having/had severe complaints... Running around without protection, in case 1,5 metre apart... o_O

Thus the numbers are actually not really reflecting the reality in the big picture... And there are many reports of people diagnosed as Corona death without ever been tested.

Interesting in your worldometer is the number of tests vs. cases and deaths... I see numbers that make me wonder how did they test it with a Mondial shortage of test capacity? UAE 790,000 tests?

Thus the numbers are actually not really reflecting the reality in the big picture... And there are many reports of people diagnosed as Corona death without ever been tested

Of course they're not. The only way they can reflect the big picture is to test everyone at once, take the big picture like a snapshot of time.....impossible. So many countries, so many different policies on coronavirus, none took the plunge to test the entire population, despite them paying billions in the mean time for other reasons......And you wonder why, because testing all can be cheaper than paying people free money and possibly ruining the economy for an indefinite period of time, and ruining a lot of people's lives for an indefinite period of time, at the same time...

I am totally enjoying the break, my break being working from home and having way more time for myself, and in fact enjoying work way more. However, I can't stop thinking about some aspects of the situation, e.g. how badly prepared are countries considered advanced economically and health care wise, how easily scared we are as people and individuals, again ganging up on those that don't fit the norm. Our rights are again over-ruled by the minority, as if a few brains are more than the brains of the entire population...And the minority create fear, the same fear that leads to wars. Add the social isolation and anxiety of the human brain, which is not used to be alone at home, and the most unpredictable can happen...which unpredictable is engraved in history already, it has happened.

I feel devastated to hear that some think the solution is taking vital human rights away to solve this pandemic.Those people are going to experience the boomerang throw Dangerous times are ahead of us I think, and it is a time of thinking, not time of fear. Raise above.

On a more non-philosophical note, this thing is going to drag....For me here, I hear it will be end of August before going to office, at least for us folks that are working from home.

Work Organised the Testing for all employees and went for my test on Thursday Evening at the boots factory in beeston. Was very well organised by the Army Personnel.

In regards to the UK. My brother Was finally able to return from Thailand last night. And was Utterly baffled how Lax the UK has been,
No Social Distancing attempts at Heathrow, no screening, no Temperature Scans Nothing. People packed in like sardines in a can at immigration. No Staff Wearing Facemasks at all.
Were as in Thailand, he was moved by the Army into better a better equipped Hotel. And everytime you had to leave your hotel for Food. You had to wear face mask. Queue properly outside the Shop. Then each person was temp scanned, and then Given Anti Bac to wipe cleanse hands with etc. If you did not wear a facemask, you were not permitted to leave the hotel.

Does uvc light can kill coronavirus? but it may hurt human skin and eyes.
Yes. Go onto youtube and find BigClive he has a great video on this, he is my go to for electronics an amazing guy. I use it, his expert opinion is what you need to watch, he did a video on it. Find it!

Back