• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

crappy aquatics online retailers a spleen vent

jimwalsh

not been on here for a while but new babies and work have got in the way of my hobbies

so with a spring in my step I fancied getting my tank back into some kind of shape as it had been neglected bar water changes since the birth of the little one.

so pre xmas I ordered some limophilia aromatica, dwarf hairgrass, and red rotala from an online retailer (not a forum sponsor i hasten to add).

with the plan of sprucing up the tank for the holidays.

when the plants finally arrived last week (4 weeks late after about 6 emails) they were all wrong.

I just gave up and planted them anyway. I should never have tried another retailer as richard at aquaessentials has always done the business for me. How the hell do these people stay in business?

hope to have some new photos for the journal soon...

Limnophila aromatica is a top plant,shame you don't live in Northern Italy you could have had some from my tank!It grows with rapid pace in my tank and i have to keep it in check with regular trims!Cheers Mark.

I ordered plants from a budget online seller once and they sent "replacement" plants for ones which had been unavailable, but their replacements were non-aquatics! Needless to say I got onto them about it and did manage to get a refund which was good, and said non-aquatic is now adorning my shelf in a plant pot - where it belongs!!

I ordered plants from a budget online seller once and they sent "replacement" plants for ones which had been unavailable
Ordered groceries on-line, once, can't remember who, and got a "Black shoe polish wasn't available so we have substituted.....brown shoe polish....":arghh:

We used to have lots of laughs with on-line grocery substitutions; I assume their computer just found something with a word in common and no-one checked.
Once they were out of garlic bulbs so they sent Chicken Kievs. :)

Ordered groceries on-line, once, can't remember who, and got a "Black shoe polish wasn't available so we have substituted.....brown shoe polish....":arghh:

We used to have lots of laughs with on-line grocery substitutions; I assume their computer just found something with a word in common and no-one checked.
Once they were out of garlic bulbs so they sent Chicken Kievs. :)

Hahaha these are class!

Back