• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Crowd Funding Planted Tank Research/Experiment

Jack12

I mean it shouldn't cost too much to get a few tanks, quality lab equipment for the purse of solving CO2, Fertilisation and the optimal lighting dilemma? The findings will be published for every one to access. Right now all we've got is speculation, broken dreams and few good experiments here and there, but with crowfunding could it be possible to come up with a magic formula similar to Amano?

I am sure this will attract even more people to the hobby as the question of lighting, water chemistry and ferts will be sorted once and for all.

There is quite a bit of info on soil, light and co2 at thebarrreport.com. but its qite scattered. I think ADAs magic formula can be explained with a few points:

1) High level of maintenance carried out by the staff
2) Rich soil and lean water dosing, just for ferns and mosses to have something.
3)CO2 in the form of bubbles. Very efficient for plants and more safe for fish. Also low surface agitation during photoperiod. This lets them use high(ish) light but not as high as people think.
4) Big and frequent water changes
5) Best marketing in the world of aquascaping

Last edited:
Back