• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

D-D Co2 set, coverting to FE?

Hi Dave! I've just spoken to paraquatics and they don't have any in stock. As you are aware D-D don't make them anymore. The guy did say that he was trying to source an alternative converter. I left my name and number, he said he would get back to me if he had any luck. I'll let you know if i find something suitable.

5/8 bspp has an outside diameter of .902"

Din 477 no. 6 has an outside dimeter of .860" which makes the 5/8 fitting too loose to be safe with pressures within the fe

1/2" bspp has an outside diameter is .825" which is too small but could be remachined to suit if you know a friendly engineer that can screwcut

1/2" bspp female to 1/8"bspp male is as close as you can get with standard pipe fittings and would need an extra 0.040"machining out of the 1/2" end. I would make one if i needed but would charge 1-2 hours to make for someone else so it would be cheaper to buy a fe reg or get a batch of fittings made by a cnc company and sell the rest on. Hence the bit about friendly engineer

Hi! I got this e-mail from a guy called tony at deltec. He suggested using the JBL version and when i said that i had read on a forum that it doesn't work he replied with this,

"Hi Lee

To be honest I'm not sure as it obviously isn't our product but all things being equal disposable bottles should all be pretty much universal and this would say to me at least that the convertor should share a fitting that most regs for disposables should work with.

As I say though I cannot guarantee fitment as it not a product we are familiar with first hand and merely a suggestion for an alternative.

Sorry I couldn't help more

Regards Tony"

Has anyone got first hand experience/attempted to use the JBL converter? What he is saying kind of makes sense!?

Just got this back from him, haha!

Hi Lee
You got me thinking and did a web search and you may well be right as people are reporting leaking issues. Thanks for the heads up as i wont suggest this to anyone else.
So perhaps the best bet would be a welding supplies.

Sorry we couldn't help you more with a convertor, our supplier wanted us to bulk buy many 100's of these when we tried to replenish our stocks and as the actual supply to retail was so slow we couldn't warrant the bulk order numbers. I think the main problem was due to retailers not ordering the convertors for stock which meant that they sat in the warehouse without customers realising they were available.

Regards and best wishes Tony.

Looks like theres no chance of them re-stocking :(

Think i might buy a new Reg.

Lee - if the pin hole can be sealed the JBL one will work. Its just that the thread isn't long enough on it to cover the hole. I'm not sure what purpose the hole serves but I'm sure there must be a way of sealing it:banghead:

Lee - if the pin hole can be sealed the JBL one will work. Its just that the thread isn't long enough on it to cover the hole. I'm not sure what purpose the hole serves but I'm sure there must be a way of sealing it:banghead:

Haha! I know how you feel dave. I've only been looking for a few days and i've already had enough. Not sure what route i'm gonna go down now? I think i might end up buying a new regulator. I still have enough disposable co2 to last me a while, but after that i defiantly want to go down the FE route.

My water supply is really hard, i can't even count the bps on my bubble counter. So FE is probably the best option for me in the long run, even after wasting my money on the D-D set, and the cost of a new reg. I'm so disappointed with Deltec. The converters can't cost to much to manufacture, given that the retail price was only £8.50.

Oh well, you live and learn.

It is a poor show. CO2 injection is possibly now more popular than ever and them not supplying a FE adapter might have a knock on effect on sales of the reg. I got one of the original adapters but have two regs. I'm going to experiment will plugging the hole.

Back