• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Deans 60p

Tryes a few different scapes this weekend and really like the original also used some substrate support you think looks ok ? Sorry for rubbish pics cannot find camera memory card also going to order plants for end of month as busy until then still not decided 100%

e3y3ave8.jpg

basa6yne.jpg

uvy6a5ym.jpg

eju3eda6.jpg

u6yhupez.jpg

yraryrat.jpg

azaga3a7.jpg

7udesura.jpg

Thanks Dean

Like it Dean!

You might need a substrate support on that small steep bit to the left of the main rocks though.

The is a support underneath its cut in the right but deeper on the left but might add another mate cheers I don't like too many rocks and no open spaces so quite like it and tried to a stick with the rules of thirds

Thanks Dean

Just thought would share my latest purchase just ordered gush lily pipe and shrimp guard from aquarium plant food and also got this perfect condition £10 posted first class so will have a look next week, just noticed the pages start at 234 or something in that range does it carry on from book 2 ? I have 1 and 3 now so need the rest

uqy7yqa4.jpg

Thanks Dean

Reactions: tim
yeah ill try when get some spare time mate

good news just purchased a new filter a fluval G6 only 4 month old with extras throw in £200 posted :D was a little worried about lack of filtration so hopefully this should be great and bad news gush lily pipe delivered wasn't the mini so sending back and will have to wait april to get new one so might just not have lily for a month or so, anyone know the pipe size of the g6 as will now need a inline heater

Dean

Hi everyone been away a week just got back and found this
ede3eju7.jpg

Have the receipt and was purchased end of September 2013 and in excellent condition just like new

ze6u3ama.jpg

Gtet has this bran new media and has 2 the same but Been used and on the right has a black cylinder with balls or something inside and inside the filter has 3 trays of this

bepe2uqy.jpg

Would you change the media for the media that was in my eheim filter ?
Also anything else you would check before leaving feedback on eBay you think I should test the filter using a bin or something just make sure works etc

zyba7ypu.jpg

Thanks Dean

You don't have to leave feedback immediately. Set it up on your tank and run for a day or two before giving feedback. If there is something amiss contact seller.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

cheers mate I will do need to sort lilly pipes and external heater then plants, infact might order everything this weekend think going to go with 300w hydor external heater unsure about lilly pipes as don't want large ones in this tank I really wanted nano minimalist ones but might go with a spraybar instead but wanted inlet and outlet lily pipes really.also the fluval g6 piping is ugly silver is there any clear tubing that would do ? also whats your oppinions on the media would you swap for the eheim media I had

thanks dean

The medis will be fine mate, also shoult take standard tubing so any 16/22 should work, it might be a bit much on tour yank though. I thought about getting one not long ago. I asked George about his and he told me he reducedcthem down and used 12/16 glasswear (nano ones from apf)

thanks ali emailed George a few questions about it hopefully gets back to me soon then get pipes and heater ordered along with plants

Dean

You might have more luck on Facebook with George, don't think he gets on here much at the mo

Here is small crack showed my lass and she couldn't spot it its tiny and cannot image water just under LCD display so should be ok ? You think will be fine didn't see a leak when checked the other day and asked seller for a partial refund and only 4 month 5 month old as have receipt

5erebygy.jpg

Cannot see there but with flash you can
4ezyjubu.jpg

vyrejy3a.jpg

te7ugese.jpg

Doesn't seem like water goes up there what you think

Dean

Thanks Dean

sorry for lack of updates going to get underway soon thought I would post my plant list want nice hard and hopefully plants that are more easy
Monte carlo
Rotala rotundifolia also would like the green version of this plant is it same name ?
Staurogyne repens

they are the ones I am having but any other easy hardy plant suggestions would be great getting on with this very soon just need lily pipes going to stick with 17mm ones just don't want them over powering or out of proportion like the do-aqua ones but £76 and thinking of going for the Easy Aqua Lily Pipe Outflow 17mm but cannot find any pichures of this in tank so can see the size of it ? going to order 3oow inline heater aswel

any comments welcome
Dean

Back