Drop checker is clear colour ????

Discussion in 'Carbon Dioxide (CO2)' started by curefan, 18 May 2009.

1. curefan

curefan Member

As I said, my drop checker is clear colour and yes, I use 4dKH water with 3 drops of regent. It has always worked fine before, changing from blue to green. I took it out of the tank and it stayed clear!!!
    Then I put in new 4dKH and regent....went blue....turned green in tank, and next day it was clear again :oops:

Anybody seen this ???

Cheers, Dave.

2. ceg4048

ceg4048 Expert/Global Moderator Staff Member

Hi,
    I would suspect the reagent, so just put a few drops in tap water and let it sit for 24 hours in a corner and see if it does the same.

Cheers,

3. StevenA

StevenA Member

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago. It happened the first time I used the drop checker afer cleaning it over night in bleach/water solution and soaking in dechlorinator afer that. Added the 4dkh solution and the B.blue and after a while it went clear :wideyed: The next time I changed the solution it was fine. I can only think it might have been the cleaning process that did it, and maybe I had'nt dryed it properly before adding the solution. Maybe there was still a drop of something which reacted with the soltion and turned it clear.

4. chris1004

chris1004 Member

Just a thought, but have you considered that your drop checker may be leaking somehow?

5. JamesM

JamesM Member

Add more reagent.