• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dry Mixing Ferts

johnny70

Is there any reason I cant pre mix(dry no water) my KNO3, KH2PO4 and MgSO4 or am I going to cause a huge explosion that will kill my house?

Cheers
JOHNNY

Yes, good point, so there is no health and safety reason not to mix then? I have my mix pretty much the way I want/need it and would like to make some ready (in bags) for when I'm busy or not around 8)

JOHNNY

The only reason I can think is that you won't know how much of each is in each teaspoon of ferts as the ratio's will be totally different each time.

I mixed mine in these containers, which gave me a 3 week supply of Micros and Macros ;)

pict0009yv6.jpg

pict0010pp0.jpg

The containers where purchased at Muji stores, 4 sets to give me 3 weeks worth. Used them for a couple of years and now just using the DIY mix with an auto doser.

Link: http://www.muji.eu/pages/online.asp?V=1 ... =304&CHK=Y

Hope that helps ;)

Perfect Paulo, just what I wanted, just wanted to make sure it was ok to do :D

Garuf, I'm only wanting to mix(with the right ratio's) and store like this, then make a normal mix up as I normally would(in water), so there would be no uncertainty of the levels dosed.

JOHNNY

Hi, just looking at mixing my own ferts....what are KNO3, KH2PO4 and MgSO4 in english?
Aqua essentials lists there name not the formular for them

T V much

leetaylor said:
Hi, just looking at mixing my own ferts....what are KNO3, KH2PO4 and MgSO4 in english?
Aqua essentials lists there name not the formular for them
T V much

KNO3 = Potassium Nitrate

KH2PO4 = Mono Potassium Phosphate

MgSO4 = Magnesium Sulphate

Take a look at the turorials section: EI dosing using dry salts: this is the link http://www.ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=1211

An extract from that:

Nitrate (NO3) 20ppm per week.
Potassium (K) 30ppm per week.
Phosphate (PO4) 3ppm per week
Magnesium (Mg) 10ppm per week
Iron (Fe) 0.5ppm per week

Hi,

Right I downloaded the dosing chart program thing that is posted somewhere on here and I know what to mix up now so thanks for this...

One more question....

i would like to make up a liquid batch....would I be able to make up several weeks worth in one go and just measure the right ammount of liquid each time (subject to shaking the bottle) or would this not work?

leetaylor said:
Hi,

Right I downloaded the dosing chart program thing that is posted somewhere on here and I know what to mix up now so thanks for this...

One more question....

i would like to make up a liquid batch....would I be able to make up several weeks worth in one go and just measure the right ammount of liquid each time (subject to shaking the bottle) or would this not work?

Have a read of this: http://www.theplantedtank.co.uk/allinone.htm

cool beens dudes....Ill get my doc brown goggles on and attack the chemicals and see how it goes.....If it all explodes and kills me I leave all my fish tank stuff to the forum....

Back