• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Dual Regulator system - one side losing pressure?

Here is a pic of working pressure on one of the others needle valve barely open bubbles at about 3bps note the black knob placement
15889539096892465917361605465442.jpg
if I turn the lnob clock wise the pressure goes up and so will the bubble rate
15889539819895621259392158793645.jpg

And can fo this on all 3 regs

Hey direct from CO2Art.
I’ve emailed him asking would it be worth changing to the pro series if I have more control.
Unless I get Co2 sorted and accurate every day, all my other issues are never going to be sorted.
I’ve had it 6 months and been battling various issues, GSA etc and only realised in the last month why I’ve had so many fluctuating issues in tank.

I know there is a Alan key screw on the bottom of the regs I've never had to adjust it but I think it might change the working pressure of the reg

The other option I would advice is to ring aquarium gardens and speak to Dave or Steve they are proper experts and will help even if you didnt buy from them

Spent many weekends back and forth to them, probably more than 20hrs driving as we bought everything from them apart from the regulators, all my Oase gear, the Twinstar etc and loads of plants.
Did the Aquascape class with Philippe also, so love their set up. May try and call them Monday and see if they can offer anything for me...
I’ve not looked at the Allen key adjustment, I’ll await Karol to come back and see what he recommends next...

I was at the phillipe work shop too mate I was the one in the blue tshirt helping fetch and carry stuff stood at the back lol

I think you’ve determined that everything is working except for one particular housing as you’ve replaced the internal ceramic diffuser for a separate one. Have you tried wrapping the ends of the ceramic in PTFE tape to create a tighter seal inside the problem atomiser housing. Have you measured the time it takes both atomisers to clear themselves of water at gas on, if the problem unit takes longer to push out the water there may be a defect inside that allows water to backflow into the device when it’s in a low pressure state and it’s not able to seal itself when the gas pressure rises and the water under pressure in the pipes is able to sneak back in round the side somewhere.

:)

Thanks for the reply.
Anything is worth trying so will give it a go tomorrow.
What’s so frustrating is the fact this is like a rattle at cold start up in a car. Once you have started it and the engines hot, you need to wait until the next morning to try something new again.
I will give this a go, anything is worth it as I’m simply trying to solve a simple problem that’s from A to B, but I just can’t see the issue.
To add this is the second brand new diffuser and housing , so it would be really unlucky to have 2 that don’t work. But I’ll try anything!
The left side absolutely clears quicker, I’ve watched it, but I’ve always determined this is because it’s actually working off the correct 2 bubbles per seconds at CO2 on, so it’s pushing more up the tube quickly, where as the right hand side clears slowly because it’s only working off the issue of 0.5 bubble per second and stays like it.
CO2 is on at 12pm tomorrow, so I’ll strip it down again and seal the end of the ceramic tube carefully with PTFE and see what happens...
When the Co2 kicks in the left side instantly starts bubbling away at 2 bps and starts Clearing the pipe or any water and then the diffuser, it’s like it instantly has the pressure from the CO2 cylinder to drive the CO2 up the tube.
The right hand side no matter where I set the needle valve night before even spinning it open a whole turn still feels like it has no instant pressure to get the bubble rate going, but having swopped cylinders round with the whole assembly attached it just can’t be the cylinder issue.
I’m so confused...

Last edited:
Hey so yes.
Although I’ve not had a change in circumstance with the bps, CO2Art have been excellent and are making me another regulator with slightly increased pressure to 50psi and a less restrictive bubble counter for pressure to see how I get on. I personally think this will do it... they are mailing it to me this week and I can swop them over and see how I get on..
Until I get absolute CO2 flow I feel all my other issues like GSA can’t even be started to be looked at as my whole system could be reacting to ever changing Co2 levels...

Really hope it help I did read somewhere on here its quiet esay to make the pressure change it's just a case of lengthening the spring apparently

So just an update.
CO2Art sent me a new regulator with working pressure of 50psi.
I changed my one over to it Thursday night and EUREKA, Friday morning and today just to be sure, perfect bps matching the other side.
It’s set at just over 40psi and as soon as the solenoid kicks in, it starts instantly at the correct setting from the night before.
I’m so relieved!
Just like to thank everyone who helped me on this thread as I’ve gained good knowledge and it had given me the push to get CO2Art to help me.
I can finally look at getting the tank in equilibrium.

Wow really happy it's all sorted mate and very good of co2art to help you out knew we would get there in the end there is nothing a good community cant over come

Back