• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

eaReefPro for freshwater

ilaizm

Seedling
Hi,

I am looking for a new 150cm long tank. This will be a freshwater setup, and will have a sump as filtration. I am considering a tank from Evolution Aqua. Since I want a sump, I'm considering going for their eaReefPro marine range instead of their Aquascaper range.

Has anyone used an eaReefPro for freshwater? I'm interested in hearing your experiences.

The eaReefPro has black silicone, whilst the Aquascaper has clear silicone. I'm curious to know whether the black silicone would impact the aquascape.

What about the sump that comes with the eaReefPro? Since it's originally built for marine setups, does it have the right chambers required for a freshwater sump?

Black vs clear silicon is really just the aesthetics - I’d be inclined to enquire after having a freshwater EA drilled for a sump

Check out GreenAqua 90cm square tank videos (90x90x45high) - both are drilled, one runs on a sump (with overflow chamber), other runs on external filter

Filipe Oliveira may also have some larger tanks drilled & running on multiple external filters or sump (youtube channel or perhaps Facebook link)

Back