• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Edward's Eternal Tranquility... (update 10.04)

Re: Edward's Vivarium Nano... (01.03.2011 update)

With all that green water could have left the water somewhere else and cultured a nice way to get free food :)

GOod work Ed. As always mighty jealous but also means I have to get off my lazy butt to sort out a few new scapes myself :)

mlgt said:
With all that green water could have left the water somewhere else and cultured a nice way to get free food
You will find that it was just the glass ;)

Ah, still can use the flakes of algae to feed things :)

Tony Swinney said:
Very nice Edward. It would be great if you could get the lighting higher up, so that it lit the branches coming out of the tank, rather than being in amongst them. Maybe a grobeam tile 30cm above ?

Tony

Thanks Tony. I will build the stand for it and try to make the lighting fixture to suspend these to or use just one for vivarium. Grobeam is out of my budget but is great.

Dan Crawford said:
That looks fantastic mate, fair play for going down that route, I bet it was killing you!

Thanks Dan. It was indeed. I wouldnt have patience to try it if i had only one or 2 tanks.

nayr88 said:
What! Haha, how did it go from green soup to that! I bet it was well exciting cleaning the muck of the glass and doing a nice big water change and seeing what was underneath.

Did you literally stop dosing? what was the whole method?

Green soup indeed haha :lol:
about 12! water changes actually :) Not to difficult in 15L tank. 5L makes 50% change...

LondonDragon said:
Looking great Ed, just need to trim those mosses :) hope the green glass does not come back hehe

Thanks Paulo, will trim it in couple days. Trimming gradually.

mlgt said:
With all that green water could have left the water somewhere else and cultured a nice way to get free food :)

GOod work Ed. As always mighty jealous but also means I have to get off my lazy butt to sort out a few new scapes myself :)

Thanks Rik. The water was clear as Paulo said. But not only the glass. Wood, rock and slow growing plants were all covered too.

Next update after Vivarium :wave:

Have trimmed the remaining plants today.
Can someone identify the moss for me :oops:
Will upload a photo in the evening when water has cleared.

Re: Edward's Vivarium Nano... ( help to ID the moss )

Here is a vid of trimmed aquarium.
Trimming revealed some more nasties witch i will try to clean tomorrow.
Still need someone to ID my moss please :oops:

Re: Edward's Vivarium Nano... ( Trimmed Video Moss ID?) )

A short video of how the tank looked at Vivarium show with all Jewelry as Steve would say.
The light is cheap Ikea grey desk lamp.

Re: Edward's Vivarium Nano... (Vivarium Video 30.03)

SteveUK said:
Truly the best aquascape at the entire show! It really did pull in the visitors to the UKAPS stand!

I hope it travelled home safely :)

:text-+1:

SteveUK said:
Truly the best aquascape at the entire show! It really did pull in the visitors to the UKAPS stand!

I hope it travelled home safely :)

Thanks Steve...
Its up and running again. All fish safe and happy as well.

Nope. Nothing in the filter also. Its in fishy heaven :(

Thanks Paulo...
Some more pictures, some of them with flash.

hardscape.jpg

planted.jpg

vivarium_gda.jpg

full5.jpg

top1.jpg

equipment1.jpg

equipment2.jpg

borara2.jpg

17 days and 88g bottle started to drop pressure. I assume it will last 3.5-4 weeks.
Expensive :geek:
Not for everyday use i would say but perfect for the shows like Vivarium. No need to carry big bottle.

Such a beautiful tank mate, extremely inspiring...

Please give us some more details on the 'swamp soup' period, I find it crazy haha :D

'awesome Ed' strikes again! :clap:

I'd of maybe trimmed the stems 2 times more, to give a good bush, but still mate, it's frickin ace.

Back