• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Eheim Aquastyle 35 - Rebooted

Re: Eheim Aquastyle 35

Substrate (Tesco Moler) is in, slight change in layout but the rocks are in and I've chopped up some moss which I've pressed into some crevices in the rocks. Tetra EX400 is plumbed in but the tanks not been filled yet. I've wrapped the top in cling film and will regularly mist the moss. I'm hoping that after a week or so the moss can be submerged and the filter turned on but what do folks think. Will I need to leave it a bit longer for the moss to get a grip?

Thanks for the offer Tim. I think I have plenty of moss at the moment but I don't have any Peacock so a small piece would not go amiss if you have a little to spare.

Thanks Tim, will pm you. A guy on another forum waited about a week before filling his tank so I figured maybe that was about right?!

Pictures of the new start as soon as I get a moment. Thanks for the offer Nathaniel but I'm sorted now. :thumbup:

I think I may have come up with a good idea o_O ... I'm going to try chopping up some moss fairly small and mixing it with some pure Aloe Vera gel and painting the mixture on the rocks! If it works I'm a genius and if not well ... :lol:

Ok, here's the tank wrapped in cling film almost ready to go.

IMGP1641.jpg

I've chopped up a little Christmas Moss, mixed it with some Aloe Vera and added this to the moss already applied. I'll monitor the moss during the week and may repeat the process as the mix is nice and sticky and easy to apply with a stiff brush - I used the white one shown here:

http://ukaps.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=21817

I think I'll fill the tank on Friday night regardless of how I think it's all doing! If it all goes pear shaped and floats to the surface I'll just have to drain down and try again :? You have to try these things don't you. :lol:

Best laid plans etc. I didn't feel too good yesterday so filling the tank was not an option even though I took the day off.
Feeling a bit better Saturday morning so the tanks now filled. Looking a bit bare and a little cloudy but the filters working well and virtually silent as others have said.
Most of the Moss "Planted" onto the rocks has stayed in place with not much more than the loose stuff I dropped by mistake floating around. I've added Tetra Safe Start so may try and get a couple of finned clean up crew today if I see anything suitable. Pics when I get a spare moment.

Quick update. The tanks been running for a few weeks now and the moss seems to be growing, albeit slowly:

IMGP1653.jpg

The Aloe vera did work, although it did take longer for the moss to grow. :D

Back