• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fec's 90cm opti-white "Sticks n Stones" 9 months on

Re: Fec's 90cm opti-white "Sticks n Stones"

nelson said:
:woot: stunning.
i'm lost for words :D .

Steady on now Neil.......Lost for words surely not...... ;) Cheers mate........lets be having some updates on setups please :thumbup:

NeilW said:
Looks great! :D

Thats a really good idea about crushing some dragon stone to get the matching gravel that would come out of it. I reckon you could even find a grade of gravel size between the size of the sand and the size of the existing gravel just to finish it off and get a super smooth blend.

Nice work :thumbup:

Cheers Neil for the comments mate, I'm actually on the look out for another smaller but sharp looking gravel for that ultimate blend! Been to a few garden centres etc....but nothing yet, might have to get the hammer out and smash up some more Dragon stone but grind it a bit smaller this time.......mind took me long enough the first time! :crazy:

B7fec said:
I'm actually on the look out for another smaller but sharp looking gravel for that ultimate blend! Been to a few garden centres etc....but nothing yet, might have to get the hammer out and smash up some more Dragon stone but grind it a bit smaller this time.......mind took me long enough the first time! :crazy:

Sounds good! Keep up the good work :thumbup:

Coming along beautifully!

I'm about to set up a new 60cm and am strongly considering going for a similar design with the use of graded gravels.

Superb photography too.

Inspirational stuff!

a month without any updates :wideyed: .
come on Ben,pull your finger out :lol: .

Typical..... :lol: I was waiting for this!! ;)

Actually update with pics tomorrow......had a good trim of the Rotala this morning and have started to shape it into a "V shape" everything else is growing well and I'm well pleased with it all........ :D Photo's tomorrow mate so keep those eyes peeled!! :wideyed:

So as promise.......Neil!! ( Getting on my case.....again :lol: ) I have messed around with cs5 a bit and borrowed some ideas from Dan Crawford....ADA enteries on the planted tanks page......and come up with this........ which I'm really proud of. All has been going very smoothly with all the plants growing really well. I am trimming at least once every week to keep the Rotala in shape. I must say a huge thanks to everyone that posts on this forum as it has helped me produce this tank, Cheers all! :thumbup:

fishtank25_7_10.jpg

All comments welcome....... :D

absolutely stunning. Very well done!

thats fantastic :D .no wonder you've been hiding it from us :lol: .
really grown in now.i might have to copy half of it ;) .
great photo as well.

nelson said:
thats fantastic :D .no wonder you've been hiding it from us :lol: .
really grown in now.i might have to copy half of it ;) .
great photo as well.

Thanks mate, copy and paste away!! :lol:

The photo is alright but on the next one I am going to remove the power head etc.... and get a bit closer for a sharper image.
:thumbup:

George Farmer said:
Very nice! Congratulations. :D

Thanks George, I feel that I'm finally getting the scape closer and closer to what I had in mind, I'm also now thinking of putting a single fish species into the Tank, any suggestions of what might suit? am running short of inspiration.......

nelson said:
microrasbora kubotai.

Thanks for the suggestion Neil, I did have 20 of these a while back in another Tank and although absolutely beautiful fish I found that the merged into the green of the plants and were hard to see.

I was thinking about RED PENCIL (MORTENHALERI) but the cost of them puts me off a bit.......

Fecci, its like a fine Italian cheese, this has matured into something strong and with interesting layers :D

Looks really nice mate, perhaps a tad to much open foreground, but thats me being very picky. Everything looks great. And you cant go wrong taking a creative leaf out of Dans book Ben.

Good work mate.

Graeme.

Graeme Edwards said:
Fecci, its like a fine Italian cheese, this has matured into something strong and with interesting layers :D

Looks really nice mate, perhaps a tad to much open foreground, but thats me being very picky. Everything looks great. And you cant go wrong taking a creative leaf out of Dans book Ben.

Good work mate.

Graeme.
:lol: A fine cheese indeed!! :lol: Cheers mate, yeah know what you mean about the foreground, but after my first scape which had very little open space for viewing the fish I wanted this design to be more viewing friendly......but agree I may have left a tad to much foreground, also it has been a pain maintaining the clean look of the sand as the gravel constantly drifts onto it.....so a smaller foreground may have ment less cleaning of the sand..... o_O

As for the plants they have really taken off and matured better than I could of ever hoped for! I am struggling bait with photographing the scape and doing it justice as the scape looks so different in the flesh...... It's a battle to get all the various greens to stand out and show off the plants for the better. Anyway, no doubt I'll see you soon, planning on a trip up your way soon :thumbup:

must be about that time again :rolleyes: .

Back