• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Fec's 90cm opti-white "Sticks n Stones" 9 months on

Mark Evans said:
In the middle pic, left branch, the moss looks awesome.

Is this crimbo moss? and how did you get that look?

All the Moss in this tank is crimbo moss, it seems to grow so quick and healthy for me. I kept pruning the moss frequently, keeping it in a general shape but not so much it looked un-natural, as soon as it seemed to lose shape and get un-wildly I simply cut it back a bit and it just grew like that (As long as I kept trimming it). It's doing exactly the same again this time, although after the major trimming of the whole tank it has taken around 2 weeks for all the plants to start recovering again.

I noticed in your high res shot of you scape last night last night your moss on the branches is doing exactly as mine was.
I'll put a post on your thread mate......to show you what I mean. :thumbup:

IMG_3111.jpg

Here's a Crimbo Moss shot...... this is due a small trim, I'll take off all the longer Moss end's......and do the same next week and so on.......this always gives me a really healthy, compact and bushy Moss, which reaches for the light..... :thumbup:

Mark Evans said:
So, Ben. really sorry for these questions...Do you take it right down to the wood almost?

Ask away mate, I'm glad I can help! I normally take it right down to the wood leaving about 5mm of growth until it starts growing/reaching for the light, I find this then thickens up and will stay compact, then once the moss reaches for the light I tend just to trim any stray ends back to the main growth and maybe a mil or 2 into it. keeping this up produces the most amazing effect. :thumbup:

Back