• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Filter advice for planted 160 litre tank

Karl douglas

Seedling
Hi could any body help me with A good external filter for around 160 litre I have been looking at fluvel 306 but would that be to much flow? Would 206 be better, or any other filter which would to do a good job. Any help would be great thanks karl

You wouldn't go wrong with the 306, its all about opinions but I run Fluval and Eheim filters on my tanks and wouldn't have anything else, its always best to go for more rather than less as the stated flow rates are under optimum conditions without media

Thanks for the info I was just a little unsure weather it would blast the plants to bits thanks though

Another good option would be a Marina CF80. They're made by the same company that own Fluval but if you look on a popular auction site, some sellers have them for £49!

Completely silent, good flow, loads of room inside and very low energy consumption.

JBL e1502 @ 1400/hr whilst only consuming 20W and 3 year warranty.

This works out at 20/1000 * 0.17 * 24 * 365 -> £29.78 running cost per year. e1502 uses normal easy to clean 16/22mm PVC piping rather than the Fluval "dirt collecting" & "sometimes impossible to seal" ribbed tubing.

upload_2018-4-27_9-5-19.png

Fluval 306...Errr yuk....

upload_2018-4-27_9-5-55.png

E1502. Much nicer...

My opinion anyway...

Eheim Pro 4 series 350 depending on budget - the grey filter tubing & inlet/outlet are rather more discrete than most stock accessories
The thermo version is decent but the electronic version disappointing (limited) software

OASE thermofilters seem popular

If possible visit a shop with display tanks to look at various brand filters

Back