• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

First Aquascape! hope you like it

roryf

Hi,

I have just completed my first aquascape in my 4' 90g tank that myself and my brother are both working on.

This tank used to be a reef tank about 2 months ago, however we completely gutted it, cleaned it and now its time to get cracking with the planted tank addiction!

neither of us have really scaped properly before so this is a work in progress! however we have both settled on this hardscape.

Front tank shot.jpg

Seat tank shot.jpg

The bottom shot is from the seat nearest the tank, which will hopefully be a viewing angle used by most people that are looking at the tank. We are about to order pressurised co2 from CO2supermarket and have the programmable LED's that we was using on the reef tank (which i assume should be okay for plants?).

Hopefully we will grow a nice carpet of HC at the front (Substrate is ADA aquasoil amazonia) and cover certain rocks and wood in Java moss.

We plan on dry starting the tank up until the week before christmas. please let me know what you think and if you have any suggestions, they are welcome!

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
Mornin'
Just a thought. Your marine LED's may be too cold, probably around 12,000 to 20,000 Kelvin. 4,000 to 8000 K will give a more natural appearance, around 6,500 K is commonly used, I think. Some of your rock looks suspiciously like re-used "live rock ". If it is it may affect your water chemistry.
HTH.

Sorry, bit thick and learning. I'm from medieval times where the parents bunged a fake phot on a tank then put an inch of gravel in it and 2 weeds and a lump of wood in a tank.
What is live rock please?

Great start... show us more as you progress.

Yes your lights might be too higher temperature, resulting in washed out looking plants...they look white'ish rather than green.

Also as you are using CO2 you must make sure you have sufficient filtration/water flow. Rule of thumb is a flow rate of x10 tank volume, so in your case 360 gallons/hour as a starting point.

Back