• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Forests Under Water Takashi Amano

Initialy it was planned for about 2 years.. Last i heard it seems to be so succesfull they changed it to keep it as long as possible.. And there is no saying in how long they are able to keep it up and interesting enough for the public.. Some people say its already is over it's top, because the natural looks slowly start to fade away because the daily maintenance makes it more and more look artificialy manicured.. But that's maybe only for people visiting it regularly or more than once. I've never seen it for real, so it still would be jaw dropping experience to see it.. :)

Would be a waste to ever break it down, the tank is already there. What else would you do with it.. Maybe we can expect a rescape in the future. Mayba an Oliver Nut scape. :thumbup:

I hope they don't take it down any time soon. I'm trying to persuade my wife to fly out with me on a weekend break...obviously there are lots of other things to do in Lisbon:shifty::shifty::shifty:

[QUOTE="zozo, post: Some people say its already is over it's top, because the natural looks slowly start to fade away because the daily maintenance makes it more and more look artificialy manicured.. [/QUOTE]
Been there about a week ago and it is true that the bushes of stems do not look as good as before. I was also disaponted in waht concerns fish stock . Looks a bit depleeted.
In any case it is still an absolutly amasing piece of art well worth the trip from Australia.... (i live half an hour from it ;)

I am very confused watching this video. Do the tanks have high tech lighting and pressurized CO2? How on earth are the plants maintained so well?

I am very confused watching this video. Do the tanks have high tech lighting and pressurized CO2? How on earth are the plants maintained so well?
Yes the lights are Metal Halides, obviously a few 1000 watt all together.. They add co2 in line via a Venturi diffuser.. The plants and tank are after hours obviously maintained by a team of scuba divers.. I guess there is no other way than hop in the tank and do what needs to be done. Seems an awsome job to me... :)

Excited to see this tomorrow.
I imagine you are standing there now with a dropped jaw.. :D I bet i would..

Yes the lights are Metal Halides, obviously a few 1000 watt all together.. They add co2 in line via a Venturi diffuser.. The plants and tank are after hours obviously maintained by a team of scuba divers.. I guess there is no other way than hop in the tank and do what needs to be done. Seems an awsome job to me...

It is n awesome job, judging by the result. I am so deeply PISSED at how I struggle to grow effin microsorum in my 700L

Back