• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Get excited and make something.

It's not really journal material, It's doing okay, I had a touch of diatoms and some fuzz on the sand but that's now on the way out, I've had a patch of bga appear on a single moss stone I'm watching closely, in the mean time I'm adding massive amounts of ferts, everyday waterchanges high co2, the two nerites are now residents in a 8l tank in my window sill and are loving the gsa. I can't wait to get the first couple of trims out the way, it's shrimps ahoy then!

Garuf that's looking proper lusty mate :) .......lusty.....my new word :D

It's got a long way to go yet, needs to grow out a tonne, I cleaned the filter today, the water is now like milk. :)
I read you can kill bga with super high kno3 so I'm going to start chucking in a teaspoon or so with the water change, can't hurt, there's nothing in there to kill.

Also, Lusty? It's as bad as "reem" that. At least it's a real word I suppose.

Reem......if you think that word gets on your tits try living 10minutes from that F'ing club!!! Haha

13.jpg

Some really nice vivs, inspirational some may say. ;)
Source:http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/members-frogs-vivariums/54575-24-tank-x-3-a.html

planted_aquarium_hillOfSkull.jpg

Jason Baliban is one of my all time favourite scapers.
http://www.projectaquarium.com/

20071112a.jpg

As is FAAO, Just none of his tree scapes, they're "challenging".
http://faao.blogspot.com/

img0041i.jpg

The obligatory Amano shot.
The blog this came of is now 404 dead but I think it belongs to Russian ADA and Nata Boa.

WOW!!

Good post Garuf, a lot to take in.

Really cool vivs, I wish I had some room for racks :(
The Jason Baliban's scapes are brilliant really refreshing, I remember you advising I look up a particular tank when you critiqued my nano, I couldn't find it though, ill look for your comment, plllleaaase try and find it I'd love to see some more of his work.

nayr88 said:
Reem......if you think that word gets on your tits try living 10minutes from that F'ing club!!! Haha
I just have a very low tolerance of morons and all their traits. I don't know how "they" gained such influence and adoration, affluence, I genuinely can't believe people associate themselves with them, wish to be like them and want to live their lives that way, their whole existence is meaningless. They're the stars of tv shows, people hate intelligence and aspire to be them when they really should be questioning why these people are not in homes or fulfilling roles suitable for their intellect. How do these people even get jobs let alone seem to be extremely well off?!

Mummy and daddy have money, so they don't need brains they simply are just floating through.

Its horrific....that's the only way to describe that show, I don't watch it but I can't walk to street here without hearing people talking about it, I feel like going on a rampage when I go shopping and there is actually a crowd of people outside a shop watching on of the cast buy some more crap looking tango'd haha. There must be better things to do....growing moss for one!! :)

Ahhh this could turn into a right bashing of 'that show' so maybe we should save it for another day aye haha.

Can't believe they've made it into an 'inspirational thread' !!!! Haha

Thankfully, I don't know what "that show" is. I'm finding that as I get older (*shudder*) I'm far more selective in my TV habits.

Loving that last post Gareth :) I'm toying with the idea of one of those nano viv's you linked to in another thread. I think I have the perfect place for it...

I'd say go for it! I don't think you can keep much in them frog wise but the plants and the scaping potential are very high, especially if you're extremely selective and use only the tiniest species.

It's tempting :) Maybe I can get in touch with Rory, who bought some stick insect eggs at Vivarium! I've just realised I have a hedge outside my bedroom window which is perfect for a stick insect!

You could do a UG carpet too :D
Any more thought towards that Garuf? Or do you wanna keep frogs?

I'm pretty set on keeping frogs, though like you said in the other thread mantids would be cool. Keep us informed on progress steve, I'd be interesting in what you come out with.
In other news, today I planted 9 jam jars with different aquarium plants and placed them on my window sill immersed as a little experiment to see what I can grow.

Garuf said:
http://www.lampspecs.co.uk/Light-Bulbs-Tubes/Osram-5W-GU10

Plant suitable? Who knows, sure look suitable to me, 240v's though...

My sparky has been looking into these GU10 led's for a while and is swearing the only decent ones are the phillips master range, the rest don't give out anywhere near as much light, according to him at least.

http://www.lampspecs.co.uk/Light-Bulbs- ... ps-7W-GU10

I'd love to see someone with an aquarium head putting a light meter on one as there is such a massive range of desk lamps out there.

best regards,
John

I've fitted GU10's and they are bright :) ithey wasn't Phillips though just B&Q brand.

We need a ukaps PAR metre, I'd chip in for one. The brightness isn't such an issue, it's the par ultimately.

Back