• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Going on holiday - leave CO2 on?

We have a 3 week holiday coming up in March. (Didn't have CO2 last time we went away; the fish were fed by auto-feeder successfully) Question is, should I risk leaving CO2 on? I'm aware that bubble counters need regular checks and occasional minor tweaks. Perhaps the safe option is to leave off and reduce light settings? Also, there would be no liquid ferts. being added while we are away. Glad to receive practical advice and feedback from others who had to deal with similar situations. Thanks

I was advised to turn off lights, ferts and CO2 which is what I now do if Im away for more than a few days.
3 weeks is quite a long time without a WC or someone having a quick check on things though, maybe ask a friend?

I have a controller with "holiday mode".

Which does:
- Lights on for significantly shorter time.
- CO2 correspondingly reduced time.
- Reduced fertz dosing.

When I went away for 3 weeks, my tank was left in "holiday mode" for over 5 weeks (week before & week after) no issues.

How are you intending to fertilise the plants ?

I do have a controller for the lighting but nothing for liquid fert. - all I can do for that is ask a family member to drop in occasionally and add a syringe full. There are plenty of fish which should assist in fert., I hope?

Back