• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

help with soil substrate please!

very nice!!! wow!thank you my friend!:thumbup:

High Chris, just some John innes number 3 or aquatic pond compost,( about 8 pound for a huge bag, then cap with tesco low dust cat litter (similar to Manado) but only 2.90 a bag. Just give it a really good rinse first.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

High Chris, just some John innes number 3 or aquatic pond compost,( about 8 pound for a huge bag, then cap with tesco low dust cat litter (similar to Manado) but only 2.90 a bag. Just give it a really good rinse first.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk 2

thank you very much alastair !that actually was what i was looking for!

i ve read though that JI number 3 increase the ph- gh and also that aquatic pond compost doesn't affect at all!is that true?
finally i will go for soil substrate!(do i have to open new thread you think?)
i am trying to find a soil that maybe will reduce the ph because i have got ph around 7.6-7.8...i have read that peat will reduce ph!

http://www.greenfingers.com/product.asp?dept_id=200499&pf_id=LS4808D

another option is that...( the link above)do you agree?anything bad with that?
i was thinking to mix it with some fine grain clay as i have read it has iron and some peat to reduce ph!
and finaly would recommend to mineralize the soil before put it in the tank?

PS . if i will decide to go fro high tech tank in the future will i be able you think with that set up?

thank you very much again my friend!:)

Back