• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Here is my 250 litre in real view

Frenchi

Hi guys
I managed to get myself a real camera at last and take a picture to show the tank in reality rather than a camera phone, it makes a massive difference

af01fddc30ddd31ffd143d481e3bc56b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Jose.. I've been trying to achieve this with my phone but it just doesn't work lol..

I think you once said your water is fairly soft right? Its just that I have a very hard water tank as an experiment but some plants arent growing at all.

I carn't remember the reading but it's not very hard water .. I don't have any test kits now either so I'm unable to test it ..
It's taken some time and money to get here though lol..

That's true:) .. I'm happy with it.. Just need to give it a good trim now :)

Its just that I have a very hard water tank as an experiment but some plants arent growing at all
Plants generally don't care about water hardness, you need to look elsewhere for your issues, as it's not water hardness.

Read these posts below.
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/hemianthus-micranthemoides-doesnt-like-me.29232/#post-305127

This is a picture of plants in really hard water.
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/wanted-pictures-of-tanks-kh-related.36141/#post-388992

Plants generally don't care about water hardness, you need to look elsewhere for your issues, as it's not water hardness.

Hi ian. Im aware of the theory, but Im yet to see a nice tank with a kh of 18/19.

Ive read most of those threads, but will still go through them. Remember its not just hard water, its the hardest you can get from the tap.

Yes cegs tank is 15 kh, so he has proven it can be done, but my question is as follows.

Here is my question to ceg:

Hi ceg and evryone else. Sorry to open up this thread again. My water has a KH18/19 due to underwater limestone aquifers. Do you think plants like Althernanthera Reinecki are doing poorly due to this?
I can see some tanks that just use a crappy diffuser and yet get awsome plant growth whilst I have an inline atomizer, great flow, and a constant ph drop of 1 unit during photoperiod, yet I see this problem. I will run a simple test and add some ro water and see how plants respond.
Is there a slight chance ceg that you are overdosing to the point that you can get away with very hard water. You might be eliminating any precipitation of nutrients this way.
Also how come most great aquascapes/tanks are done with very soft water? Do people just like ro water work?
I understand that you are just saying that its possible, but then again, is it easier with softer water?

http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/hard-water-and-phosphate-troubles-help-please.18155/

Sorry for the overtake Frenchi.

looked amazing with the phone anyways but now its ridiculous! i really like how the fish chill out under the bridge

Thank you....I have now removed most of the red plant across the top of the arch it just wasn't doing aswell as expected..

Wow! Thats a nice tank for angelfish.. Lovely! Nice photo too...

Thanks guys :) it is coming on a treat but not quite perfect lol.. Still getting some black burn marks on some of the trident? I'm presuming it's co2/distribution .. It's difficult to get it right with all the mass:)

Back