hi tec tank

Discussion in 'General Planted Tank Discussions' started by peter, 25 Sep 2007.

1. peter

peter Newly Registered

i will be setting up a high tec tank based around the dennerle principles with the latest ph control and undersoil heating I plan to run it with a regular feed on the pfk web site will feature some new plants from tropica would enjoy ukap members imput I hope we can all learn from the year long experriment peter

2. SuperColey1

SuperColey1 Member

Are you

3. peter

peter Newly Registered

undersoli heating

for an experiment i have se up two identical small tanks split a number of tropica plants into two planted into the same substrate used same water conditions light etc one has undersoil heating the other does not. i will monitor for a a couple of months and see if there is any notable difference i will also examine root growth as regards algae problems I have run a number of tanks with ph control and never had an algae problem

I propose to run the tank for ayear so you can see how it developes warts and all a number of leading experts will be adding their thoughts and giving advice so we can all learn
    peter

4. Arana

Arana Member

How's this going Peter, have you set them up yet?