• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

How can i get MORE algae?

Goldfish122

Seedling
ive got a stiphodon goby that wants some algae. How can I get the algae that it likes to grow. I've got loads of hair algae and some green algae is growing on a rock, but I want more of the algae the stiphodin likes. The light is already on for 12 hours. Thanks

I'm going to try that but I'm not too sure if he'll eat it because he's probably wild caught so he won't be used to wafers. Can I feed him on algae wafers as a staple diet with bloodworms as an every do often food?

Thanks guys! I got a large bottle and filled it with water and put 3 rocks in it, including one that is beginning to develop a layer of green algae. Luckily today is sunny so right now its sitting in the sun. How long will it take for algae to form?

Also I'm gonna ask a mate if he can bring me some of his algae and I'll put it in my tank. Coukd I crush it up in my tank so spores will be released?

Back