• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

how to fix a leak

i found a leak between regulator and co2 bottle.is it ok to fix it with gas PTFE tape?

hi.is a washer that plastic white ring that was already permanently stuck on regulator?i wasn't sure if that is washer or if i have to put one on top of that.

Can someone help me cos I realy have a leak and I don't now how to fix it properly. I have regulator from co2art and bottle from aquamedic. I watched tutorial on co2art page and they say if leak use ptfe tape. Is it safe to use it inbetween regulator and bottle cos I read somewhere that it is not good?i also put rubber o ring in there and it still has a leak.

Can someone help me cos I realy have a leak and I don't now how to fix it properly. I have regulator from co2art and bottle from aquamedic. I watched tutorial on co2art page and they say if leak use ptfe tape. Is it safe to use it inbetween regulator and bottle cos I read somewhere that it is not good?i also put rubber o ring in there and it still has a leak
I think ptfe tape is fine. I cant see why they would say its not alright. Use and double check by pouring or spraying soapy water at the joint.

Thanks. I will try it then. And I wasn't sure cos I google it and some people said they the pieces of the tape can get inside of the regulator and it can block it.

You shouldn't need tape to seal the FE against the regulator. The big flat white PTFE washer performs the seal, not the thread. Check that the washer is not damaged and its surfaces are clean and flat. You do need to tighten the regulator locking nut quite tight, with a larger spanner, to ensure a good seal.

You may find PTFE tape will leak slightly. The washer (and tape if you really insist on using it) must be PTFE as CO2 will dissolve and deform rubber, especially at 55bar tank pressure.

Thanks for help.i fixed it now. I hanged a washer and put a little bit of gas ptfe tape and no leaks at all.

Back