How to use a PLC to control your fish tank.

ian_m

Global Moderator
Staff member
Anyone still following this.... Logo! SoftComfort V8.2 SP1 is available.
https://support.industry.siemens.co...-(download-notes-instructions)?dti=0&lc=en-CN

Also other PLC manufacturers are getting on the Ethernet programmable PLC/relay bandwagon.
http://www.eaton.eu/Europe/Electric.../ControlRelays/easyE4-control-relay/index.htm

Similar range & configurations to Siemens.
- Dev software with functional block diagrams looks similar.
- Uses 32bit values & BCD values instead of Siemens fixed 16bit.
- Access to real time clock, a real boon for fish tank timer.
- Various conversion functions, BCD to 32bit as well as more mathematical functions.
- Look up tables and recipes, so could easily implement normal, holiday & long holiday functions by using lookup table/recipe to control timing.
- Can be programmed in EDP, event driven programming (text file input).

Starter kit is only £140 including development & programming software, which is only slightly more than just the module cost.
https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/logic-modules/1883487/

Hi Guys, Nice to see that there are others that use their LOGO for aquarium automation.!

I'm not sure if i saw it in your postings, but I'm looking for idea's on how to control the 0-10v out (AQ) on the SIEMENS LOGO to control Kessil's light spectrum and light intensity.

I just bought the AM2 AQ module but need to learn how to control the analog outputs.

I wonder if its possible to create a light schedule like:
- 10 am to 12 pm : AQ1 = 1 v ; AQ2 = 2v 1 v would 10%
- 12 pm to 1 pm: AQ1 = 2 ; AQ2 = 5
- 1 pm to 8 pm : AQ1 = 3 ; AQ2 = 7
- 8 pm to 10 pm: AQ1 = 1 ; AQ2 = 5
- 10 pm to 11 pm : AQ1 = 1 ; AQ2 = 2
- 11pm to 10 am: AQ1 = 0 ; AQ2 = 0

Any thoughts or example coding ?

Thanks,

Patrick, Belgium

ian_m

Global Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately in my design I didn't use any analogue I/O. Zeus is the man to talk to, as he used both analogue inputs and outputs.

I do remember that this is how you connect a counter to an analogue output. You connect the counter count (B001) to one of the parameters of a mathematical block (B002) which then connects to the output.
upload_2020-4-30_18-8-38.png

You just the increment decrement the counter accordingly to vary the output. Handily you can add a multiply in the mathematical instruction so that say a count of 0-100 (for 100 steps of brightness) gives an analogue of 0-10,000. No point in having too many steps of brightness.

thank you guys. I'm building something that I will be able to play with the percentages,as input from the HMI display and use that as the maximum setting over 12 hrs up and down ramping. Found some idea's also on the Siemens support page to control stagelights. More to come.

Guys, than,ks to you and the Siemens Supportr page I build a 2-channel solution to control 0-10V. Attached is a view for 1 channel. I added a 'PHOTO SWITCH' that turns the white light to a higher level during 15 secs.

Attachments

• LOGO LICHT.JPG
    LOGO LICHT.JPG
    198.3 KB · Views: 9