• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Hygrophila problem.

Aquarium is 240 litres.
Should be dosing 24ml per week...minimum!
I would double this if using Liquid Carbon.
hoggie
OK, you only dose roughly 1ppm per week.
You need to maintain K at 20 ppm??
Try dry ferts, much cheaper.
In Malaysia 1kg lab grade Potassium nitrate cost me roughly 20 USD. I believe there are cheaper consumer alternative.

If you only want to dose potassium use potassium sulphate.
22ml of saturated solution or
2.68g of dehydrated k2so4 should raise your tank K level by 5ppm

Sent from my MX4 using Tapatalk

Thanks Everyone for your help and advice so far,

My plants have pretty much disintegrated so I have removed them and will be re-planting. I want to get this right!

Can anyone advise some easy background plant's please?

You'll have to forgive me if I get this wrong, just trying to take it in as a beginner but here's what I have understood:

1. Dose 24ml TNC Complete per week
2. Continue to dose 4ml (Per day) of TNC Carbon (28ml Per Week)
3. Keep Lights running for 9 Hours per day
4. 50% Water Changes per week
5. Add Phosphate to clear algae (Any recommendations or brands?)
6. Add Potassium (Any recommendations or brands?)

Will the dosing have affect on any of my fish as I take their wellbeing as priority

Thanks again all, really appreciate your help.

Do you have access to any kind of pure chemical? 24ml perweek may not be enough. Best bet is using dry Ferts. Since I'm not from UK I can't tell you where to get it. I get my macro from lab supplier. Micro using flourish comprehensive.
Dry ferts or ei method.
Potassium nitrate provide potassium and nitrate.
Potassium sulphate provide potassium only
Potassium dihydrogen phosphate provide phosphate and minor amount of potassium.

I've found my hygrophilla does better without fertilization..
Every tank is different, just like human, plant as an organism need energy (light) and substances (micro macro ferts, carbon etc) to function and grow. Some tank may get enough from fish food, water change etc and there may not have many plants to feed. Some tank especially with high light and co2 will consume all those substances faster and your plant may starve to death especially if your tank are heavily planted. I made my mistake in my 1st tank and I hope I can help others with my knowledge and experience. Plants with and without enough substances can show huge difference.

Back