• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Ian's Lounge Tank (no name)

Stunning plant growth!!!

Everything looks great but the hardscape seems a bit under-sized for that tank, in my opinion.

cheers,

G

well, it's my birthday today, and i came home to a nice surprise after work. The wife has bought me a Panasonic G10 DSLR. So expect this thread full over the next few days lol (sorry).

hows the new technique working out for you now?

It's working and working well. It has spread and kept low. Theres nothing more could ask for. Thanks LD.

the HC carpet looks uber healthy,is your pinafitida turning red yet ?

Thanks a lot John, the Pina is turning red on the underside of the new leaves. It's spreading like wildfire as well. So there will be some to donate soon.

Everything looks great but the hardscape seems a bit under-sized for that tank, in my opinion

Thanks G, it's quite difficult hardscaping a corner tank, as the back is a lot thinner (?) as it works itself out. I think it looks better in the flesh. I will try and get some better pics with my new camera.

BTW playing tonight...

newcam3.jpg

newcam4.jpg

newcam2.jpg

newcam1.jpg

Thanks George! I have booked my self onto a photography (basic) course at the local college with my new camera lol!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, had a nightmare since i have been away. Just arrived home to find A LOT of floating micranthemum umbrosum, i have trimmed/ripped it right back! The Hygro has all but disintegrated since it hasn't been dosed for over a week (it's really taken a hammering) I have got a couple of plantlets from it and planted them . Have just been to P@H to grab some dog food and they had some nice Vallis, so have replaced the Hygro with the vallis, i'm not sure to be honest. Will get some pics up in a bit.

Tank looks great mate, especially that hc, cool wood too.

When you said it was looking abit ruff I was expecting a proper mess haha.

thanks guys, Nayr i'm a bit gutted about the Hygro as it looked great before i went away.

I'm still trying to get to grips with my new camera, BTW, i took the Lumix back. I swapped it for a Sony a380 as i found out the Lumix wasn't a true DSLR. It takes cracking pics, i just can't seem to get crisp pics of the tank lol!

I have been out to the LFS to day though and found what is quite possibly the red-est ludwigia glandulosa perennis i have ever seen. I had to buy a couple of pots, just to see if i can keep it as red as it is. I doubt i will, but its a challenge.

redlug2.jpg

redlug1.jpg

redlug4.jpg

full tank

redlug3.jpg

sorry about the pic OD, just tring to get to grimps with camera lol!

redlug5-1.jpg

I couldn't keep the Lud red! lol. Have had a bit of a move around, and decided to carry the HC carpet across the front of the tank, into each corner, rather than being central. I had a look around all over for some more HC, but couldn't find any. I had a look on TGM website and noticed they had started doing bargain pots for £3. I invested in 4 pots and am very pleased with the quality!

morehc4.jpg

all cut and ready to go

morehc5.jpg

and in

morehc7.jpg

just a couple of extra pics lol

morehc2.jpg

morehc1.jpg

morehc3.jpg

Nice pics mate, tanks looking excellent...which aqua journal is that? There amazing for inspiration stunning na style tanks by the man himself haha

cheers mate, the Journal is volume 34 (English). Been reading all about composition lol.

must just mention again how impressed i am with the budget HC from TGM.

I have removed the black card from the back of the tank, personally i think it looks loads better??lol We have beige wall paper behind the tank, i'm not sure it's picked up by the pics. There are a few wires, but i am gonna hide them if the back stays off.

noback3.jpg

noback2.jpg

noback1.jpg

cheers Mark, i have taken the Lilaeopsis out that was inhibiting growth. There is some HC in the corners now, just waiting for it to take off, just waiting for you missus to come round in the week whilst i'm at work!

Mark Evans said:
Its healthy mate.
Strange how the HC does not go to the corners....maybe a flow thing?
Most likely, CO2 and nutrients probably not getting there, also lower light levels might have something to do with it also!

Back