• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IAPLC 2016

EAPLC eh....oh it's only for Europe. Wonder why? We feel left out. :p

Hmm.. I did clean my glass just before the picture. Otherwise I get green dust and if I forget my phosphate, GSA. You can see some algae in this picture. I guess they mean they don't want tanks with prominent algae. Not sure what they mean exactly TBH.

I looked, is see some spots of wich i can't say if it's a coloring of the rock or algae.. You know where to look of course, it's your scape.. But it looks pretty clean to me.
I was just wondering how they interpret that rule of engagement.. Would be fun to present a scape with clado balls and Chara and kissing gouramis.. :rolleyes:

I looked, is see some spots of wich i can't say if it's a coloring of the rock or algae.. You know where to look of course, it's your scape.. But it looks pretty clean to me.
I was just wondering how they interpret that rule of engagement.. Would be fun to present a scape with clado balls and Chara and kissing gouramis.. :rolleyes:
I dare you. :p

Our works :)

Rank 864 | Bank of the river

60 x 35 x 35 | 74 L
http://www.ukaps.org/forum/threads/number-13-60x35x35-74l.42229/

View attachment 86643

Rank 1228 | Greenfield
60 x 35 x 35 | 74 L

View attachment 86644

Rank 1570 | Green hills
60 x 30 x 30 | 54 L

View attachment 86645

It was our second participation :)

All 3 very beautiful tanks.. But see the fish hanging so close to the substrate in all 3? That's a stress reaction and that's a criterium they judge on. If you manage a more natural behaivor in them with scapes like this, maybe other more bold and less stress susceptible spieces. Behaiving like they should foraging the scape instead off hugging the substrate.. I'm sure you would have ranked higher with these scapes. :)

@rebel. Nice green is everything. Really relaxing :)

@Alexander Belchenko. Thanks. I really like your photo too. Very good quality. :) How have you done your photo? What equipment do you use?

All 3 very beautiful tanks.. But see the fish hanging so close to the substrate in all 3? That's a stress reaction and that's a criterium they judge on. If you manage a more natural behaivor in them with scapes like this, maybe other more bold and less stress susceptible spieces. Behaiving like they should foraging the scape instead off hugging the substrate.. I'm sure you would have ranked higher with these scapes. :)

Thank you for suggestions. I didn't notice this before. :)

Thank you for suggestions. I didn't notice this before. :)

:) Well i'm far from a judge when it comes to scaping.. But it's No 1 creteria with the highest point value..
① Recreation of natural habitat for fish (Maximum 50 points)

・Evaluation of layout work as healthy fish habitat
・Expression of underwater environment in layout work
・General condition of fish and aquatic plants in layout work
・Evaluation of layout work if corresponding type, size, physiology and ecology of fish

If i was to judge that, knowing that Neon tetra is not a substrate hugger and if it does that it's not comfortable with it's surroundings and stressed. I would notice.. I guess someone appointed with the job to seriously judge this criterium will (should) also know (fish sp. behaivor) and will notice and rank accordingly.

But it's just an educated guess, that this little detail can cost you serious points.. If i was appointed to judge that with my almost 20 years of experience in keeping and observing all kinds of aquarium fish behaivor, it would cost you. (Sorry :twisted: :oops:) The cause could be inside or outside the tank, either way something is off and can't give you the benifit of the doubt with a picture only. Next.. What else can you do with judging over 2300 entries, then you have to be a nitpicker.. :thumbup:

@Alexander Belchenko. Thanks. I really like your photo too. Very good quality. :) How have you done your photo? What equipment do you use?

Well, for really serious shots I'm hiring special photographer (who charges me quite low for unknown reason), we're working during last year, he has some good equipment, I have some equipment, I know what should we do to get the proper shot, he knows how to work with Lightroom and Photoshop, which I don't really have a practice. Overall I'm happy to work with someone while taking the photos: it's really hard to manage everything right by myself.

One small challenge - is to make a good shot for tank in pet shop, while it's working and people are coming to buy some cat food etc.

23827976843_17522db0bf_n.jpgPhoto shooting session by Alexander, on Flickr

Well, for really serious shots I'm hiring special photographer (who charges me quite low for unknown reason), we're working during last year, he has some good equipment, I have some equipment, I know what should we do to get the proper shot, he knows how to work with Lightroom and Photoshop, which I don't really have a practice. Overall I'm happy to work with someone while taking the photos: it's really hard to manage everything right by myself.

One small challenge - is to make a good shot for tank in pet shop, while it's working and people are coming to buy some cat food etc.

23827976843_17522db0bf_n.jpgPhoto shooting session by Alexander, on Flickr
Wow thanks for posting your setup! What a great insight into what goes into making a nice photo. I am keen to try some of these techniques....

Back