• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up
  • Most of the remaining team are off on holiday meaning the forum does not have sufficient cover. As such the site will be placed in maintenance mode where it can be viewed but no posts/threads can be made and will remain this way until August 11th, apologies for the inconvience.

IAPLC 2016

rebel

Hi everyone, Please post your results.

I was 922 which I was very happy with. I saw some of you were in the top 100 or so .... Time to show off ya scapes....

Alexander, I saw and loved your tank here. CONGRATS!

It's good to have a running list of all the ukaps members entries in none place though.

I was number 1, then i woke up, bading in sweat.. 🙄

Actually - the only hard part of entering competition like IAPLC - you have to fill in the form with lot of details about your tank, plants and livestock. Everything else is easy:
  • Make a new layout once per year - not hard, doesn't it? - check
  • Grow your plants - this is what we're all about, right? - check
  • Put some fish or shrimps in there? - yep
  • Take some pictures - anyway we want to share our belowed tanks with the whole internet, facebook, forums - you need some picture anyway. Well, you need something better than smartphone to point and click, but this is when your friends with proper camera will help! - check - and get some beer after - double check!
  • Fill in the form, check it 10 times, and be brave to click "Send"
  • Spend next 3 months waiting for letter from Japan.
  • Done!

Actually - the only hard part of entering competition like IAPLC - you have to fill in the form with lot of details about your tank, plants and livestock. Everything else is easy:
  • Make a new layout once per year - not hard, doesn't it? - check
  • Grow your plants - this is what we're all about, right? - check
  • Put some fish or shrimps in there? - yep
  • Take some pictures - anyway we want to share our belowed tanks with the whole internet, facebook, forums - you need some picture anyway. Well, you need something better than smartphone to point and click, but this is when your friends with proper camera will help! - check - and get some beer after - double check!
  • Fill in the form, check it 10 times, and be brave to click "Send"
  • Spend next 3 months waiting for letter from Japan.
  • Done!
completely agree. As you can see, I didn't even remove my filter intake etc for the photo. Careless and lazy.

I looked up the requirements and it also says only scapes with no obvious vissible algae.. 🙁 Is that on the plants only or total scape.. In my case i have in both of mine a little on the hardware and i kinda like it, it gives a sence of age to the tank and the shrimps love it. Does an entry realy needs to be spot on clean all over?? Do they have algaefobia??

I looked up the requirements and it also says only scapes with no obvious vissible algae.. 🙁 Is that on the plants only or total scape.. In my case i have in both of mine a little on the hardware and i kinda like it, it gives a sence of age to the tank and the shrimps love it. Does an entry realy needs to be spot on clean all over?? Do they have algaefobia??
Hmm.. I did clean my glass just before the picture. Otherwise I get green dust and if I forget my phosphate, GSA. You can see some algae in this picture. I guess they mean they don't want tanks with prominent algae. Not sure what they mean exactly TBH.

Back