• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

IAPLC 2016

rebel

Hi everyone, Please post your results.

I was 922 which I was very happy with. I saw some of you were in the top 100 or so .... Time to show off ya scapes....

Alexander, I saw and loved your tank here. CONGRATS!

It's good to have a running list of all the ukaps members entries in none place though.

I was number 1, then i woke up, bading in sweat.. :rolleyes:

Actually - the only hard part of entering competition like IAPLC - you have to fill in the form with lot of details about your tank, plants and livestock. Everything else is easy:
  • Make a new layout once per year - not hard, doesn't it? - check
  • Grow your plants - this is what we're all about, right? - check
  • Put some fish or shrimps in there? - yep
  • Take some pictures - anyway we want to share our belowed tanks with the whole internet, facebook, forums - you need some picture anyway. Well, you need something better than smartphone to point and click, but this is when your friends with proper camera will help! - check - and get some beer after - double check!
  • Fill in the form, check it 10 times, and be brave to click "Send"
  • Spend next 3 months waiting for letter from Japan.
  • Done!

Actually - the only hard part of entering competition like IAPLC - you have to fill in the form with lot of details about your tank, plants and livestock. Everything else is easy:
  • Make a new layout once per year - not hard, doesn't it? - check
  • Grow your plants - this is what we're all about, right? - check
  • Put some fish or shrimps in there? - yep
  • Take some pictures - anyway we want to share our belowed tanks with the whole internet, facebook, forums - you need some picture anyway. Well, you need something better than smartphone to point and click, but this is when your friends with proper camera will help! - check - and get some beer after - double check!
  • Fill in the form, check it 10 times, and be brave to click "Send"
  • Spend next 3 months waiting for letter from Japan.
  • Done!
completely agree. As you can see, I didn't even remove my filter intake etc for the photo. Careless and lazy.

I looked up the requirements and it also says only scapes with no obvious vissible algae.. :( Is that on the plants only or total scape.. In my case i have in both of mine a little on the hardware and i kinda like it, it gives a sence of age to the tank and the shrimps love it. Does an entry realy needs to be spot on clean all over?? Do they have algaefobia??

I looked up the requirements and it also says only scapes with no obvious vissible algae.. :( Is that on the plants only or total scape.. In my case i have in both of mine a little on the hardware and i kinda like it, it gives a sence of age to the tank and the shrimps love it. Does an entry realy needs to be spot on clean all over?? Do they have algaefobia??
Hmm.. I did clean my glass just before the picture. Otherwise I get green dust and if I forget my phosphate, GSA. You can see some algae in this picture. I guess they mean they don't want tanks with prominent algae. Not sure what they mean exactly TBH.

Back