• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Is this FE ok?

I purchased one of them yesterday from the same seller as-well lol, as they are fairly cheap. I use to pay about £28 for a brand new one but they've gone up in price.
So can't see why anything should be wrong with this one. :D

(If your referring to the regulator then I think it needs a DIN477 thread. Maybe someone can confirm that for you, I think my regulator is DIN477 which is what you need for UK fire extinguishers I think)

Last edited:
Go to local library, public building, post office, workplace etc and phone the number attached to any CO2 extinguisher and explain what you want. My local guy, from the phone number on the CO2 extinguishers at work, charges £10 for each 2Kg FE for me. Usually "old" ones coming near 10 year life that have been swapped out for new, but nothing wrong for use with fish, just not suitable to be supplied as an extinguisher.

Cheers.

I assumed it was ok but it's free to ask!

That's good advice, thanks Ian, but my disposable CO2 can't be far off running out so I want to sort it out sharpish. I'll do that for my spare bottle though.

yep i have ordered the same one a couple of days ago :) and a good tip for refills thanks Ian .

Have any of guys received your fire extinguisher yet? Mine has still not been marked as dispatched even though I paid on Sunday.

I noticed the seller is also getting some negative feedback, so just a concern. Hope someone can let me know. I've also messaged the seller just to ask.

Cheers Ian, Didn't know they had a website, already messaged them though, so will see if I get a response, if not I will give them a call.
Hopefully Its just me being impatient but its odd they still not marked it as dispatched.

Still haven't got mine. Wouldn't recommend this company to anyone. Got through to them on the phone over a week ago and was told a replacement would be sent out the next day...

Since then they haven't answered any calls or emails.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

funnily enough I had ordered from these guys a couple of weeks ago, chased a few days ago for an update, wasn't in a mad rush..no response...they just refunded?? so I would not recommend either.

However if you are in the Northwest try;

Dougill Fire Applicance Co Ltd
unit 10 lowercroft Mill
Bury
Lancs
BL8 3PA

refurbed (look like new) 2kg FE's for £30 or a picked up a 3kg bottle not an FE for £25...think he would post as well....0161 761 7034 and they do refills by request

I also could not get a response.

I noticed more negative feedback each day, and as I could not get in contact with them I made a eBay case. They have not even replied to that, and they have until the 20th this month.

I've also got my own tracking number, which is just stuck saying delivery booked on Friday 07 March, and the website "collectplus" says allow 5 working days before contacting them. I don't see that's my job to do, so I am just opting for a refund. Makes me think what is that tracking number for. I also ordered on the 28th February. That's just not good enough imo, I totally understand it was sent economy delivery but its way over the estimated date.

I would avoid this seller, but maybe others have had a better experience and I'm unlucky, but seems I'm not alone.

:(

Same thing for me too... Exactly the same as Jafooli in fact. I've just opened a case and asked for a refund as well.

I feel bad now for posting the link so apologies to anyone who followed it.

I feel sorry for you guys. Hope you get it sorted.

You really must find someone local, as considerably easier. I just phone up, next day £20 two full 2Kg extinguishers delivered to my work (and empties taken away), leaving the nearly empty (300gr left) on the tank, so I have no CO2 downtime. If you are in Eastleigh/Southampton area I can let you have a phone number. PM me.

Had the same problem with this vendor a couple of weeks back.
Raised a case on EBay and he refunded me immediately.
Checking his ratings this has happened previously.

yes i 2 have logged an e bay case had been given a tracking number by vendor turned out the coriior had not even seen the extingusher !

Back