iwagumi or natural/jungle style

Discussion in 'Aquascaping' started by Nick16, 22 Dec 2008.

1. Nick16

Nick16 Member

hi, i have a rio 240, 120 long, 40 deep and 50 high. i cant decide whether to go for a natural/jungle scape with glosso and p.helferi at the front, e.tenullus java fern, anubias (on wood) and some crypts in the middle and things ike alternanthera reineckii lilacina and rotata rotundifolia 'green' or to go for an iwagumi with just mini landscape rock and a low carpeting plant. but i have no experiance what so ever and think the first option would be the easiest for me to start out on.

2. misscaretaker

misscaretaker Member

Personally I went with the jungle/nature style as I think there is more room for mistakes without the tank looking like a total mess! The Iwagumi style seems to need a more precise approach, although never having done one I'd take this with a pinch of salt... :lol:

3. Thomas McMillan

Thomas McMillan Member

I would say the jungle style any day. Also, as said above, there's way more room for mistakes, and it's also way more achieveable IMO for someone with less experience.

4. Nick16

Nick16 Member

thanks for the help guys, that what i though, i may stick with my first idea, await the journal sometime in late jan, feb kinda time.