• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lè Nano journal •30l Fluval• PLANTED

Any one attempted re planting a carpet in an occupied tank?
I was going to turn filters off
Take out half of the water
Slowly take up carpet then put new water in. Wait a couple days and do again but this time do the planting?
Was taking this will give the soil a chance to settle againa be be more compact for when I put HC in.

I did this the other month mate in my 450L tank.First lifted and removed the HC carpet,then did my WC during which i cleaned the substrate a bit with a gravel cleaner to remove any roots and other rubbish.Then finished WC and sorted out the HC i had removed then started the 10 hour replant!!Cheers mark

I did this the other month mate in my 450L tank.First lifted and removed the HC carpet,then did my WC during which i cleaned the substrate a bit with a gravel cleaner to remove any roots and other rubbish.Then finished WC and sorted out the HC i had removed then started the 10 hour replant!!Cheers mark

OHMAGAD!
Good thing I only have two pots to plant and ill most likely have a fair bit left over.
Why did you replant? Too thick?

Yes mate it was a bit thick,overgrowing,lifting a bit where some hairgrass had grown in it.It was a hell of a job but one good thing was a managed to remove the pieces of potting wool that i planted it with 1st time replanted in small bunches of stem cuttings and it looks much better now.First when i replanted it looked really bad no real colour and was not growing after a couple of weeks it took off thank god!It was a hell of replant though slept like a baby after!You should have no trouble in your tank with your amount mate and probably have plenty to spare so pick the best bits.Cheers mark

Riiiiiiiight
Been away from the tank for a while and just doing ways changes and dosing.
I don't ever see it with the light on and this is where we are at to date
mumugeze.jpg

u7edazy5.jpg

BUT WHAT THE FECK IS THIS!
avybuva4.jpg

It looked dead so I went to tweezer it out and it tried to run....I chopped its back end of and ended up pulling it out.
arupuse8.jpg

I'm guessing its dragon fly yeh :/

Just had a look around on the net and it's 100% a dragonfly larvae
What next? Strip down and bin all plants?
Could I save by doing some kind of dip? Removing all fish and gassing the tank?

This is exactly what it looked like.
Image taken from google
utu4adep.jpg

Damselfly nymph

Havnt seen another since. Will keep an eye out.

I was looking to re start another scape anyway but obviously would of preferred to do when I was ready.

Still not doin any other. There are a few ottos and shrimps also some tiny little fish in there. Could they i eaten then larvae before they gained any size?

uda8ubud.jpg

8a9abyva.jpg

9ynusuja.jpg

Things are growing!!
To busy to do any pruning and the apistogramma pandorini I have seem too love it. Live fed daphnia that they can hunt for ages for, there colouring is amazing. Shrimps are breeding and colour is amazing though the apisto's keep them in check.

No fert dosing
Very lite co2
Lots of natural light as its near my window

Want to redo it sometime

Back