• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Leaving fish when away

I can't see any spots on the other fish. There are some almost colourless spots on the fins of the other Mollys. Will try and get a photo.

I have increased the temperature to 30.

e8766178-b780-4028-9260-e6a281818f90.jpg

Attachments

• 2c72889e-3ac0-44ac-a200-123e03c76d09-1.jpg
    2c72889e-3ac0-44ac-a200-123e03c76d09-1.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 69
Molly's not, but I'm not sure what's the other one. Corydoras? If yes, a few days will not harm them.

Wysłane z mojego 2203129G przy użyciu Tapatalka

That does not look like ich. I do not agree with raising the temperature in any case.
Ich is like grains of salt, its very distinct. Its not fuzzy or blurry or clear in any way.
I would set the tank back to its normal temperature and try to get us some in focus photos of the affected fish, particularly the body parts or fins in question.
There are so many more sicknesses than ich, people are too quick to assume that its that.
With some better photos a proper diagnosis can be set and effective medication chosen.

Oh gosh, so I've raised the temp, should I lower it.

The spots on the tail are attached to the fish.

Oh gosh, so I've raised the temp, should I lower it.
Yes in my opinion you should lower it back to where it was.
Even if it is Ich (which I dont think it is), using medication is safer and more effective than attempting a temperature treatment, which can be hard to do correctly and may stress the fish even further.
The spots on the tail are attached to the fish.
We need as sharp photos as possible of the spots themselves 🙂

Not ick I’m pretty sure. Ick looks like tiny grains of salt and will be on other fish and anywhere on the fish. Some sort of infection but I don’t know what. Super clean water is always a good idea so extra water changes may help.

If the fish is moving, then those streaks might be dots. If it’s ich, you’ll know for sure in a couple of days.

If they’re streaks; could be a number of things. Personally, I’d just leave them as they were for 48 hours and see if there are any changes.

Fin infections that have a translucent or opaque colour could be bacterial, and I am guessing in this case it could be something like Aeromonas or Pseudomonas. Fungal fin rot diseases will get a bit more fluffy.
Your fish are not in bad shape. Their fins are largely intact. There are no red areas indicating that the infection is not spreading intravenously.
I would give the fish a 15 minute bath in 2ppm potassium permanganate. That should blast away the infection.

Back