• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Led replacements??

Marc1t

I've had a bit of a disaster in that my lighting has packed up in my 24"x24"x24"cube aquarium.
Before all this I was thinking of upgrading to led from 2 HO T5's to possibly 2 of these

http://www.allpondsolutions.co.uk/a...antis-easy-led-universal-lighting-freshwater/

They should fit into the now defunct old light fitting I have.

My question is would 2 units be too much light? It would be equivalent to 4 of the old T5 tubes
I have often thought I was a bit under lit for my tank so it might be ok

I do inject pressurised Co2.

If anybody has any alternative suggestions to lighting I'm very open to suggestions within a reasonable price range.
Many thanks
Marc

Yeah they look great I have looked at these but I'm not sure if they will fit my existing Aqua one aquience 650 with the lids etc???

The original light unit fits in a slot in the rim & the lids hinge in the light housing.
Do you use reflectors on all the tubes as Well?

I don't have any alternative lighting suggestions but do query which LED's are used in these fixtures & their suitability for anything deeper than 36cm tank height ... SPECIFICATION information is rather lacking for this system - try emailing for details of LED's ... I doubt you'll get PAR curves for various water depths but CRI, color temperature, spectrum, LED wattage & number should be available

Unless return is simple & cost effective, I'd stay with HOT5 as budget LED likely won't really be an upgrade in light intensity given a 60cm deep tank

I don't have any alternative lighting suggestions but do query which LED's are used in these fixtures & their suitability for anything deeper than 36cm tank height ... SPECIFICATION information is rather lacking for this system - try emailing for details of LED's ... I doubt you'll get PAR curves for various water depths but CRI, color temperature, spectrum, LED wattage & number should be available

Unless return is simple & cost effective, I'd stay with HOT5 as budget LED likely won't really be an upgrade in light intensity given a 60cm deep tank

You make some valid points which I had not considered, many thanks really appreciated I'll look into it further.

What about a 60cm version of these.
http://www.iquaticsonline.co.uk/uni...i-universal-4-tube-60cm.html?___store=default

I have the 4 tube Vision 180 (92cm) on my Vision 180. Plants pearl like mad when all 4 tubes are one.

After having had more time to consider this

And this....
You make some valid points which I had not considered, many thanks really appreciated I'll look into it further.

I think I'm going to stick with the HO T 5 & go for the 4 light unit in the above link sure it will fit my aquarium
Many thanks for your input

I think I'm going to stick with the HO T 5 & go for the 4 light unit in the above link sure it will fit my aquarium
The iQuatics 4 tube T5 light comes with two mains plugs, one plug per pair of tubes. I have mine connected to two timers, two tubes for 6 hours and 4 for four hours. So far no algae, but paying careful attention when playing with so much light.

Many thanks for this I'll take your advice & see how it goes
Is the total time 6 hours or 6+4 =10 hours?

You can check TMC Aquaray's Grobeam tiles. You could be fine with one GroBeam 1500. You can check with them. They maybe not cheap but have 5 years warranty if registered after purchase.

Michel.

Back