• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Lighting Dilemma

kellyboy47

I have a Juwel Vision 180 which uses the standard Juwel 2 x 35w T5 Light Unit. I am considering upgrading and have been looking at the Aqualumi Lighting System from Iquatics or the Zetlight Lancia ZP4000 LED Lighting from AllPondSolutions and would just like thoughts on which one would be more suitable.
My tank is not heavily planted and the plants I have are Anubias, Crinum, Buephalandras and Swords which I have chosen because they are not so appetising to my current fish stock. I do not use injected CO2 but do use APF Micro / Macro Ferts & Easycarbo instead.

I do have 2 x TMC Growbeam 600's which I have barely used and will be looking to sell them on as I am not 100% happy with the fixings for them for my particular tank

Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks
Trev

I have a Vision 180 and I too had the upgrading to led dilemma. All solutions looked like would have been a bit bodgey and an expensive bodge at that for proper big boy leds.

In the end I went for iQuatics 4 t5 tube solution, masses of light affordable cost and completely compatible with vision 180 tank lid. Done.

I have a Vision 180 and I too had the upgrading to led dilemma. All solutions looked like would have been a bit bodgey and an expensive bodge at that for proper big boy leds.

In the end I went for iQuatics 4 t5 tube solution, masses of light affordable cost and completely compatible with vision 180 tank lid. Done.

I know they are a direct replacement for the Juwel light unit but did you consider their Aqualumi at all which are controllable ?

I know they are a direct replacement for the Juwel light unit but did you consider their Aqualumi at all which are controllable ?
Thought the replacement 4 tube light was Aqualumi range ? You can only control in terms of two or four tubes on, they are not dimmable.

Back