• You are viewing the forum as a Guest, please login (you can use your Facebook, Twitter, Google or Microsoft account to login) or register using this link: Log in or Sign Up

Liquid carbo

piotr88

Hi guys is any point use liquid carbo when people use co2 ???

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Quick answer is Yes and many folk use it but not all in there high tech tanks with Injected CO2. Liquid CO2 is another compound that helps the plants grow plus hinders algea. Not all plants like it eg Val's.
Think the workings of liquid carbon was work out by Tom Barr, he sold his findings with a non disclosure agreement. So we are not 100% sure how it works either.

Quick answer is Yes and many folk use it but not all in there high tech tanks with Injected CO2. Liquid CO2 is another compound that helps the plants grow plus hinders algea. Not all plants like it eg Val's.
Think the workings of liquid carbon was work out by Tom Barr, he sold his findings with a non disclosure agreement. So we are not 100% sure how it works either.
Not sure what it meant by non disclosure agreement? Liquid carbon is glutaraldehyde, not a protected trade secret.

Even though there is no algae on plants, algae can still cover hardscape, intake and any exposed surfaces, so there is still a place for liquid carbon.

Not all liquid carbons you buy are Gluteraldehyde. Excel and other big name liquid carbons are polymerised gluteraldehyde type compounds, which are trade secrets.

After playing with both diluted gluteraldehyde and Excel I would say Excel is more potent IMHO. I suffered major BBA outbreak when tank was returned from holiday mode to normal (too much light too suddenly !!) and x10 dose of Excel wiped it out in a day or two. When same happened again tried gluteraldehyde x10 and certainly no where as effective.

I suspect gluteraldehyde reacts more quickly in the tank with organics and is neutralised quicker before it has a chance to kill BBA. Excel maybe lasts longer in the water, probably unpolymerising slowly realeasing gluteraldehyde equivalent more slowly. Just my observations. So much so just bought another bottle of Excel at £££ to replace my daily gluteraldehyde dosing when it runs out.

A ale because some people use co2 and liquid carbo. Now i know and I will try

Wysłane z iPhone za pomocą Tapatalk

Back